Thread: Microsoft Security Patch Scanner

Microsoft Security Patch Scanner

When I run the Microsoft Patch scanner over my network it shows me several 95 box's as not being patched for DCOM.

It does say that file and print sharing may upset the scanner but I have disables this and its still picking it up.

Any ideas ?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Mark: Win95 has reached "end of life" so it appears that there are no patches etc. for it. Since the hotfix checker downloads a list of patches available and checks the patch list on the machine if there was no patch available then the hptfix checker will note it as unpatched.

Life cycle info and support levels are available here
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

95% of my 95 machines don't appear.

Its only 2 or 3 that do.

I'm really looking for suggestions as to why these machines are appearing as it is obvious they have something configured differently on them

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Ok... Don't "slap" me for asking a dumb question...... I find it's better to eliminate the simple than work for hours on the complicated only to find the simple answer in the end.....

Are you sure the other Win95 machines are being scanned at all or are they being missed and the config difference on your few machines gets them scanned?

If they are all being scanned then I'm out of help - sorry - it's a "need to be sat in front of the machine" issue for me at that point......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides