Just had to have my say.....

Thread: Just had to have my say.....

Flash M0nkey

Just had to have my say.....

ok some of you may have seen this thread -> http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=249806

due to the way it was decending into nothing more than a flame war it was closed (prolly with god reason) by MsMittens - but am afriad I do have to get my say in......as always

As suggested by MsM
    If you are determined to continue this discussion, do it via conference or via Cosmos but do it with a bit of class. Please don't degrade yourself into simplistic name calling and verbal abuse.
    lets not have this thread follow in the footsteps of the other - I think that the members here at AO can conduct themsleves in a cival manner - pls dont prove me wrong

ok time to begin my reply then ::::

Yes we all got it that NG is a ball of emotion but to tell you the truth her art is cheesy, childish and rubbishy.
    Ok I dont want to start one of those quote/reply posts but i do have to highlight a point which I feel this quote show perfectly - etruscan states that NG is a ball of emotion but then goes on to critise her art - but surly art is only a way to show someones true feelings(!?) so by describing her art as childish & rubbish you are also stating that her emotions are childish - am I correct? but think back......think about how you felt when you were younger. Were the emotions you had then any less intense than those you have now? or were they more so?

experience can be a harsh teacher - so why try to push yourself into adulthood quicker than you have to? why not cheerish these times when the most simple of things can have a monumental effect.

Now as for the only using woman to get what you want comment - well this may work for you but if this is truely the way you live then i pity you etruscan for this attitude can only take you so far - a person can not be truely with you until you are with them.....now I am not talking about the whole thing about how sex is better between people in love - perhaps it is....whos to say

But one thing i think everyone will agree on is that you can have a better time in general with someone you are close to - who would you rather have round for a drink? some stranger of the street or a close friend? by simply using women and then discarding them you are never giving this closeness time to develop

I could keep going but i doubt if many would read it so instead i will await replies and express further opions then

You feel like giving you opinion, I feel like rambling.

There is nothing more stimulating than falling in love. Everything becomes clear and rich because of it. Nothing is more enlightening than learning to see the world threw your lovers eyes. The greatest things ive ever accomplished were done under the influence of love. When your devastated at its loss deal with it. To go threw life using, abusing and hurting someone before they hurt you is to be among the walking dead. I pity those that think this way. For them life is a corporate experience.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Damn - I miss all the interesting threads.

surly art is only a way to show someones true feelings(!?)
    thats one interpretation of what art is about, others include an attempt to describe an individuals world view in philosophical or visually perceptive terms e.g. the surrealist movement. Art is a highly persoanl affair, so whilst etruscans opinion of NG's art may be valid it is only his opinion - and is therefore worthless to NG since she obviously doesn't give a rats ass about etruscan.

As for the using women comment - I don't know why etruscan only applied it to women... he should apply it to the whole human race then we can all ostracise him. Etruscan.... women, like blacks, jews, orientals and every other variation of human being ARE human beings, judge them as individuals rather than as a group. By judging groups of people you limit your choice of experiences and as we all know the word of sin is restriction (obscure joke for those who get it). If you only use people for what they can give you then you will die as a very lonely person - of course you may wish to die alone, in which case why not try becoming a hermit?

Just a few opinions of my own

I think that the members here at AO can conduct themsleves in a cival manner
    , v_Ln - better not let Mark see this thread then
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Ok. First before I start, wow it has been a long time since I have talked in Cosmos.

Ok... Let's begin.

There are many things in this world that can not be explained, How a Bee can Fly,(For those that don't know by the Laws of Physics, a Bee can't fly his Body is to big for his Wings to carry it.) and Love.

There aer many others but this one can make you go crazy, make you do things you never imaginde doing. Can make you cry, can make you sing. The things love can do are just outrageous. So with that said "Why would you go through life trying to use people and leave them?" I am not going to say shame because I have done it before not something I am proud of. But the Ironic thing is I started doing it becuase I got Hurt by "You guess it Love".

I will say one thing that statement it is better to Love and Loss then not Love at all. Is straight BS. I want the Person that wrote that to try it. It hurts. Oh well with that said I will say one more thing about that Thread.

Poetry, is a Very deep and Special thing. It means alot to the Person that writes it. It is them truly showing there emotions. The way that your emotions Bounce around while your a Teen. You need something to help you let go. So I say that if you can write it. Enjoy it and Try to stay young as long as Possible.

Love is a biochemical reaction to a stimulus, no different than eating lots of chocolate. But it is more than that also. It is a binding of spirit, emotion, and flesh. It is a combination of many things. It is true that the body is extremely complicated, but that doesn't mean that love is therefore not a possibility. Thats like saying that a computer running win XP or mdk 9.1 with 512mb RAM and an AMD Opteron processor is too powerful to run nethack or rogue or (real farback) pong. Love is simple yet infinitly complicated, that is the only thing I am sure about.
    Is love at first sight possible? who knows. Maybe some people can love and maybe others can't. I don't think that humanity is ever supposed to solve all the problems and answer all the questions. To quote Trinity "It is the question that drives us". (I think I got the quote right).
    Another thing, I am an HS student and I wright poetry, but I wright poetry because I enjoy it. Not so someone can tear it apart and shatter my feelings of dignity and pride. People should not be so judgemental when concerning age, for wisdom is the only true measure of ones age. (That's a great quote at the end and I think I heard it from somewhere but forgot where.)
    \"The wise programmer is told about Tao and follows it. The average programmer is told about Tao and searches for it. The foolish programmer is told about Tao and laughs at it.
    If it were not for laughter, there would be no Tao.\"

Huson Mt.
    I'm older than most of the members here, and I have been burned by Love (Lust?) a few times. And I sure don't know what love is or even really means. I have been used, and I have used others in my life (the have used parts, I am not proud of). And way back when, in junior high actually, I even wrote some poetry....for english class. But, I still enjoy reading poetry. Especially poetry by our younger generations, for they are still fresh and their outlook on life hasn't become cynical, or sarcastic. Their quality might not be proffesional, or very slick, but their view points are valid and allow me to glimps the emotional turmoil that every young person goes through.
    And my opinion....keep the poetry coming. If I don't wish to read it, well no one is forcing me to.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown