Thread: Marriage, and the Honeymoon

AO Part Timer

Marriage, and the Honeymoon

This is just an annoucnment. Many of you know me, many of you do not. Some of you may see this and say, "wonder what he's talking about here?" Others see the title and say, "Not another rant!" *ROTFLMAO*

Either way, here it is.

I found my fiance in cyberspace 5 years ago. We chatted for the first time at http://soi.hyperchat.com/ . We spoke for a few years before we ever say each other face to face.

I was having some real trouble at home. Espically with friends and family. My uncle asked me if I would be interested in helping him for the summer. I took the offer and moved to Kansas for the summer. I helped him build his house. Good stuff to know btw. Roofing, drywall, mud, tape, brick laying, tile, cabinets, walk around deck, and a few other things. About all I didn't learn was plumbing and electrical, which both have to be done by some one state certifed. While I was at my uncle's that summer, I finally met Michelle. She is a bit older than me . Gotta love those older women, and anybody who knows will say I agree. Anybody who doesn't will say I disagree.

We went out a few times, and have been together ever since. We are getting married @ 7pm central time, on October the 18th. A little church in the town she grew up in. Then the reception will be held down the gravel rode a block at the town gymnasium. For those of you that are curious the town is Mayfield. We are decorating with a very strong Fall theme.

After the Reception, we are going to stay the night in the honeymoon suite at the Marriott in Wichita. A very nice gift from her parents. It is a four star hotel. Chocolates, champegin, and breakfast served in the room, with a late checkout of 5pm. Then we are off to Manitou Springs Colorado. It is an eight hour drive from our hotel. Manitou is just out side of Colorado Springs. We have lots of stuff planned for our venture.

We are staying in the El Colorado Lodge for Five days and six nights. He have plans to go to Pike's Peak via the Cog Railway, the Royal Gorge, Cheyenne Zoo, Cave of the Winds, Garden of the Gods, Manitou Cliff dwellings, Miramount Castle, and the Arcade Amusements INC. There are several other things we will proably end up doing, that is just a primary list.

I also looked up a list of Gifts and Antiques. We will proably spend a day shopping for both our selves and our attendants. We plan to go to Antiqu Bazaar, Navajo Gallery and Gifts, The Glass Blowers of Manitou, Canterbury gifts, and My personal interest The Leprechaun Shoppe. Since I am a short Irishmen, this should prove to be intersting. Hence the nickname containing dwarf.

We plan to dine anywhere and everywhere. There is one resturant in particular, please forgive me I can't remember the name off the top of my head. But, they serve wild game, buffalo, dear, rabbit, pheasent, quail, stuff like that. I made reservations for the dinning room near the kitchen, it is a private room with a fireplace. It comes with a complimentary bottle of bubbly. (yeah that cost me)

If anybody is interested, I'll throw up some pictures on a free site somewhere after I get back, and I'll drop a link here. Thanks for your time, and I'll see you all when I get back.

Be safe and stay free.

Remember one thing, love is the energy behind which all is created.

/edit fixed typos
    Your heart was talking, not your mind.
    -Tiger Shark

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Well, let me be the first to congrat you and enjoy the honeymoon! (I'm sure you will.. *nudge nudge know what I mean, eh*)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Awwwwwwwwwww, how sweet I hope you're very happy, and it sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Banned
    ewwwww. congrats, and enjoy...

every ones getten marryed around hear... must be somthing in the water...

Nightfalls_Girl

Banned
    Hah! Long live cyber-relationships! And I hear what you're saying about older women, too

Congratulations!!!

Congrats...hope the 2 of you have a long and happy life together. I myself should be going thru the same thing soon. Probably in 2005.