do you want to learn how to configure and interconnect cisco devices?

Thread: do you want to learn how to configure and interconnect cisco devices?

do you want to learn how to configure and interconnect cisco devices?

Do you want to learn how to configure basic cisco devices but cannot attend a training or doesnt have the money to buy expensive cisco products? worry not because you can go to www.cisco.com and download the cisco config maker, you can learn the basics of configuring cisco devices and interconnecting them and a whole lot more. I hope newbies and others can find this very helpful. enjoy!

ConfigMaker is great if you have a larger topology and want to roll out the configs quickly, but you have to already know how everything works. I can take students who can configure a router for rip/rip2/ospf without anything fancy, just the basics and give them config maker and they're lost.... I've done it in tutorials with students before. You still need to learn the basics of it first. It'd be like saying VB .Net gives you a nice GUI, so it's a great place to learn without any books or resources. While having that GUI is always beneficial, it isn't the end-all and it won't teach you anything. That's what books and other resources are for.

You sound like a walking ad for cisco and all you did was give a link to the main page. The actual download link is located https://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Softw...?pid=2&fid=161
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

Just sharing what might be of use to others, as what i've said it's a cheaper alternative from buying the actual device. I believe a lot of things that you won't get to understand in here can be obtained from the net. i'm not from cisco thanks for providing the complete link

For a person who is looking for a cheap alternative without actually buying the device there are many great choices.

Router Simulator - Free
    Toggit Router Simulator - Free
    Sem Sim Cisco CCNA Router Sim - $29.00
    Boson NetSim - $150.00
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    What about R1R2 which provides FREE live access to a router lab online?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage