Good morning or Afternoon depending on where you are...

First of all, if this has been a repeat question, then forgive me. I am a system admin of 10+ years, and have had my hands on everything from digital phone systems, to ODBC data connections for client/server software, VoIP, server builds, backup/disaster recovery, ect ect..

HOWEVER, some of my time on certain technologies has been as a need-to-know basis, usually (as just about all sysads are) just what I need to know in order to make sure something is working so I can move on.

Here is my issue: while I have inherited CISCO router and PIX configurations that I only had to massage a bit to add or remove accessibility (ports, ip addresses ect), I have NEVER built a configuration from scratch, and this month is my first attempt at doing so. What I am looking for would be good walkthroughs or generic configurations, or simulations that will help me configure this Cisco 1600 series router, to be a connect to the outside world, using NAT to feed information to the nodes inside, with those internal nodes running things like Informix servers, that will have to have proper port forwarding in order to be touched from remote offices.

Fun catch: I am in California, and the router I will be configuring is over in Washington DC, so all this will be done remotely, and honestly, there really is NO room for error. I DO have this same router here in my office that I can try configurations out on, and verify what I am doing, but when I finally do this, I NEED to be SURE that what I have done is right.

Thank you all for your time and energy helping me out on this, any links, ideas, questions are appreciated, and welcomed.
-Java