Google: A hacker's best friend

Thread: Google: A hacker's best friend

Google: A hacker's best friend

In the last few years a number of news articles appeared that warned of the fact that hackers (or crackers if you will) make use of the google search engine to gain access to files they shouldn't be allowed to see or have access to.

Ninja Code Monkey
    Washington State
    Oy, another google hacker post. No offense but this makes what, #10 on the site?
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

grrr....i am a pretty post-tolerant person but come on could just added this on to a previous thread about In the last week, i have seen at least 5 different threads all about google hackers on the front page and it is starting to get annoying...
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Sorry \/IP3R, but have to agree with Juridian & White_Eskimo
    A search would have found that this article was posted way back in May, along with numerous others since then along the same lines
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

This has been everywhere and it is nothing new. If I see another post like this there is going to be painful results.
    \"The wise programmer is told about Tao and follows it. The average programmer is told about Tao and searches for it. The foolish programmer is told about Tao and laughs at it.
    If it were not for laughter, there would be no Tao.\"

Old Fart
    Hacker + Google = Gooker? or would it be Hoogler?
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

vell i steped into antionline through google search so take the hint!!!
    get fast get furious

Search engins always can get you the URL access, personaly if there is a protected file I just make a quick *.html and save it from the link (to IE users that Right click on link> Save as target) I might make a personal program for this...

Anyway, the lighter defence against google peeking is to use (since I'm not too sure about other systems) vBulliten's attachemnt method, it stores attachemnts in diffrents directories, and links to them as somthing like..., this way it can check to see if the user has access, and it overrides normal "target saving" since all you will get is a file that they give to all users without access (in vB's case thats mostly un-registered users).