Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to ignore the proxy server

Question How to ignore the proxy server

Hi Folks,

My Damned ISP is blocking all useful sites like hotmail, yahoo. and so on

So I just Want to know a way to ignore this damned proxy ?

PLZ If you know anything let me know? 'n I'll be greatful .....

Regards,

Goto google and search for other "free proxy" and follow the directions. They are more than likely using a transparent proxy (go into you internet settings and check your proxy info. If there are settings in there simple uncheck the boxes). If they aren't blocking ports then you may be able to just use someone elses proxy.

You're in Syria? Personally, I'd have to assume that if the Powes That Be are censoring access to sites like yahoo and hotmail, they will also be watching traffic heading to public proxy servers pretty darn closely. If you don't care about the risk of being closely scrutinized by the Secret Police Of The Powers That Be, you could check out http://www.publicproxyservers.com for information on anonymous proxying.

- Qualm

Thank you guyZ ?

But this popular proxies are potential targets for my ISP ,,,,

So they {popular proxies} not doing well at all

I heard that there is implementations to do this task without using proxy anymore ,,,,

da_zero,

Please allow me to give you some friendly and fatherly advice. The people you are trying to get around:

1. Have NO sense of humour.
    2. Do NOT believe in Democracy
    3. Do not take prisoners (for long)

I would suggest that you stop what you are trying to do before you end up in an unmarked grave.

They will not stop there.......you have to consider parents, wife, children, brothers, sisters?

Have you stopped to wonder why your country is on the United States' list of "do not send technology to"?????????

Cheers

hi all

Have you stopped to wonder why your country is on the United States' list of "do not send technology to"?????????
    they can use third patry country to get technology.

@ the end well said nihil

coolcamel

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Da-Zero: I second Nihil's advice and I too am a crusty old fart......

While I can't state it for a fact I would be very surprised if there aren't very strict rules and regulations that must be adhered to in order to become an ISP in your country. I'll guess ata couple of rules:-

1. You must filter the list of sites we tell you to.
    2. You must force users through a single, monitorable gateway.
    3. You must warn us of people trying to get around these and any other restrictions.

Do you see the third one? It is possible that you experiments prior to your questions here have already raised a pink flag..... Continued use of information and techniques to try to get around them will raise a _red_ one and that is when you will get the "gentle knock" on the door in the middle of the night.

I have an idea...... Take a vacation near a neighboring country's border, (Iran might be a bad choice right now..... Give it a year or so if you want to go east..... ). While on the vacation with all that holiday money you took with you, ('cos you don't want to leave it to be stolen from your hotel room now, do you?), take a little walk towards the border, (just so you can see what the other country looks like.....). Of course, you never were any good at navigation were you so that extra mile or two you went past the border was simply your own incompetence.

Then you can fly from there to any country you like that lets you visit Hotmail and surf all that pr0n.......

Just don't keep trying to do it from there..... They aren't going to treat it like your some inquisitive kid..... As far as they will be concerned you will be a subversive and by the time they find you aren't they will have done things to you that they can't have you telling the others about...... Get my drift?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

While I agree with the older gents here, but I'm also young and brazen, so here goes
    I've read of something called webmail servers (someone please correct me if the term is wrong). These are servers that you send a message with the url of the web site that you're attempting to reach in the body of the message and they retrieve and e-mail the page that you requested and mail it back to you. You could probably google for a quick list of them, unless you're unable to access google...

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Infernon:

From my younger days:- There are old pilots and there are bold pilots. But there are no old, bold pilots.

And let's be honest here..... How is he going to send an email to collect his email when he has to log in etc. to get to it.......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Kwiep
    eh... dunno if I have slept for for the past many years or missed something...
    1a) in my head it says syria isn't the weird "slave colony" I read in previous replies...
    1b) why would they kill people for viewing sites like hotmail and yohoo, especially hotmail isn't something like USA or isreal propagande infested evil stuff or anti-muslim or anti-syria or whatever
    2) if an isp doesn't want you to connect to hotmail or yahoo there's better ways then to force the use of a proxy
    3) isp's usually lack the capacity to monitor *all* traffic to see if someone *might* be *trying* to read a mail from hotmail or yahoo
    4) it sounds more like the US is censoring things to syria then syria is censoring to itself
    5) I could be wrong
    6) imo I'm not
    7) I wanted to say some things more but I forgot
    8) I'll post them when they jump into my mind again
    9)
    Double Dutch