Thread: PCI USB card

Question PCI USB card

Helooz every1,

Am trying to install a PCI USB card in a machine, but get a conflict error message? the system runs win98.
    Do this cards need any sort of drivers???
    Thanx in advance

The FACT that people ignore FACTS
    doesnt mean that FACTS are not FACTS

You could post the error message here and we could try to help ypu with it, and yes, ypu need the drivers for it , they should come in a cd in the box, or the place were the Card was bought should have provide you with the drivers.

If you can't find the drivers on a disk or CD in the box, you might try the manufacturer's website and download them....
    If that still doesn't work let us know we'll help you out a little further...weird things happen sometimes with PCI devices...especially with Win98...
    Creating further mindless stupidity....through mindless automation.

Hard to say without the exact message. If it is a conflict message I am guessing that it just might be device conflict for interrupt request (IRQ) and input/output ranges (I/O).

You might check to see if anything is using IRQ 09 0r 10. Do you have the option to install anyway? If so I would do it, as all that should happen is that the USB card won't work. You then can use device manager to see what is conflicting, and (hopefully) resolve the conflict using the troubleshooter in WIN98

Cheers

Thank you for your help, it was the IRQ conflict and i got it done.

The FACT that people ignore FACTS
    doesnt mean that FACTS are not FACTS