Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone use Surf Control

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Complaints..... No.... Requests to unblock..... Yeah, a few to start with but once you allow them then your all set.

I have the advantage that I am considered "intimidating"..... So complainers think twice about calling. We are fairly lax in what we block. I really only use the "egregious misuse" categories such as pr0n, hacking, hate speech, violence, webmail, chat etc...... Then I run a search every now and again for any site with the word "mail" in it and block them too if they are uncategorized..... We have public access machines and you'd be surprised where the moron users manage to dig up personal mail sites etc.....

Like I said.... It can be a bit squirrely sometimes, but overall I like it..... It's a "fire and forget" solution for a large part, they keep it well updated, it's pretty easy to install and set up initially......

I'd say it is worth the money I pay for it..... That's about as good as anyone can say.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Tiger Shark the BOFH
    I remember when Nihil was ickle. Does that mean I'm old?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Vice: LOL.... I work with a load of little old lady social workers..... If you saw me you would see how they might find me a "little less than sweet".....

On the serious side though it is an advantage to be seen in that light. I have employees that simply don't have the same demeanour and they get "used". But those employees get told to tell anyone giving them a hard time to reach for the phone as they say "let's discuss this with the MIS"..... It calms down the user rather quickly in all but the worst of cases.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Trying to keep anymore than 2 users happy is an impossibe task.

..... If you saw me you would see how they might find me a "little less than sweet".....
    Why? Are you 5"4 with blonde hair and a sweet ass or are you 7" hair and tatoos?
    I remember when Nihil was ickle. Does that mean I'm old?