Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bump Up: Who did dat?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Bump Up: Who did dat?

An idea (not critical) but it'd be nice to know who last bumped up a thread.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Banned
    Good idea, although not exactly neccessay ti would make for a nice feature.

Elite Hacker
    I agree, a couple of weeks ago I bumped up a thread thinking it would say who did it, and it didn't say anything. So at the top of the list was a post from like a year ago with no replies and nobody knew how it got there. I also think for the date it should say bumbed up today at 2:08 or something like that instead of using the old date.

GreekGoddess
    Also, I believe there's a bug with the bump feature. I bumped a couple of threads recently and it updated the last post information to the current date and time by the last poster in the thread and not me.

Elite Hacker
    Also, I believe there's a bug with the bump feature. I bumped a couple of threads recently and it updated the last post information to the current date and time by the last poster in the thread and not me.
    that's what I meant when I said:
    I also think for the date it should say bumbed up today at 2:08 or something like that instead of using the old date.
    looking at the part about "using the old date"
    I think they should do what I said and put "bumped up today at 9:39" or something like that.

But GG.. it's always done that.. can't really say that it's a bug.. per-se.

and it wouldn't be you.. if you didn't post to the thread.

Elite Hacker
    I was just looking at the main page and it seems like someone is doing some major bump ups. I've seen like five today. First, there should be like an automatic post which says bumped up by user. Then, there should be some sort of limit like one per day or something.
    But GG.. it's always done that.. can't really say that it's a bug.. per-se.

and it wouldn't be you.. if you didn't post to the thread.
    By the way, this bump up feature does work if you haven't posted to the thread, which isn't necessarily a bad feature. So basically I think there should be more checks on the bump up feature because I think someone has been abusing it lately.

Computer Forensics
    Can I make a suggestion regarding this topic? Kill the bumping feature..kill it now. It's obvious no one uses it and people are abusing it, which is pissing a lot of people off.
    so pretty please with a cherry on top..get rid of that Microsoftesque feature.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Banned
    Aww... it's like a trip through memory lane... we can see what AO was like in 2002.