Thread: 100011101000101010010010101010

Hey all i was browsing the web when i came across this site, and it said that computer software is just basicallly 1's and 0's
    Is the true?
    I am really fasinated on how this is possible if it is true"
    And secondly i have noticed a few avators with the i's and o's floating down the icon.
    Is that some sort of program or something?
    If yes how would it of been made.?
    I know i got a moving icon but my Father made it, and i was wondering how i could make one myself as this has sparked my interest big time.

Many thanks in advance
    Cheers

wow, creative 32x... that's great that you are interested in computers and how they work... although this may be the wrong forum for to start- this is a computer security forum (or it's supposed to be!!!!!)

you should probably start out with some general computing foru, one that focuses on helping newbies

good luck in you technological adventures...
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

Creative yes that is correct. Though I would say you should of probably put this in "Newbie Security Questions"

Ok quick break down. Computers only understand one language Binary. Now Binary is a language where the only things that you deal with are "1"s and"0"s Now in Binary 1 is equal to on. and 0 is equal to off. Now I am not going to go in details, over this but if you do a quick search of the Tutorials Forum you should see something on this.

Now just as a note, If you going to learn about Binary learn about Ip address's also, they all Binary. Well in the broken down state they are. That is it, I am not going to keep explaining because you could grab a Tutorial on this.

If you have anymore questions let me know, I will see if I can help you.

Thankyou whizkid2300, I didn't know that 1 means on and 0 means off, I knew
    that there were heaps of 111s and 0000s, but didn't really understand this.
    Learn something everyday.eCd.

here is a nice little page that should help to explain the whole computer thing
    http://www.footefamily.org/train/howdo.htm

# The "ON" state is represented by a positive voltage. (usually 4.5 volts)

# The "OFF" state is represented by a negative voltage (usually 0 volts or a voltage negative to the "ON" voltage.)
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

btw the title means

ŽÅ*’*
    when converted from binary to ascii

v_Ln

10001110 10001010 10010010 101010
    You're short 2 bits to the last bite, it doesn't work like that.
    Hi.

creative_32X_mx you might want to try this site : http://computer.howstuffworks.com/
    It will help to explain alot of different things.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

thank you all for your intense assistance.

And im very sorry that i started a thread in the wrong forum, i should have known this as i've been here for a lil while.
    So please accept my sincerest apologies to you all.

Cheers