Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teenager cleared of hacking

Teenager cleared of hacking

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/h...et/3197446.stm

Wht ya'll think about this..............

Elite Hacker
    This surprises me that he was found not guilty. Normally the courts slam "hackers" because of the image media produces. I guess they couldn't convict him if he was innocent, but I'm sure they tried every trick in the book to do it.

just my 2 cents

The teenager told the court that hackers operated legally, but that people who entered computer systems illegally were known as "crackers".

At least he has his facts straight, a good point that should be brought to light more often yet I doubt it will matter. Thats my two pennies.
    [shadow]Prepare ship for ludicrous speed![/shadow]

page not found by bbc...

edit http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...et/3197446.stm /edit
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

I am happy for him... this is all I can say

hey cross...i checked the link and its still working.....

I found out another hacking news rather interesting..........check this out

"Feds admit error in hacking conviction"

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105_2-5092697.html

I feel like if your time is bad.......u could end up in prison for no wrong doing, or if ur time is good u could walk free even if you did some crime..........

How could you prove your innocence if your comp has been used by someone to hack into other systems..................

There will always be a problem in getting a conviction in a jury trial, mainly because the jurors do not understand the subject. The same can be said of complex fraud trials.

The basic tenet is that "reasonable doubt" = "not guilty"

The major problem is that you have to prove that the person had exclusive access to the computer at the time, and the presence of a RAT or backdoor would mean that this was not the case. However, suppose he loaded the malware himself, just to provide a defence in case he got caught?

The trouble is that the police and prosecuters over here are pretty computer illiterate themselves

My question is: if the guy was that damned 7337 or whatever they call themselves, how come he let his machine get infected? the hacker hacked, I don't think so

Just my thoughts on it all

Cheers

nice point there nihil

The trouble is that the police and prosecuters over here are pretty computer illiterate themselves
    wouldn't totally agree with you there nihil .... NCIS aren't bad - your local bobby might be clueless but thats not to say all areas of law enforcement in the UK are

I think he may have been trying to play down his 7337n355 in anattempt to get off the accusations..... double bluff kinda thing... either that or he is a smeghead

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Well Zonewalker,

I hear what you say, but look at the pay rates in Civil Service (government) jobs.............."if you pay peanuts, you only deserve to employ monkeys"

I am a very cynical old fart, and think that the gentleman would be better off changing his name by deed poll to "Richard Cranium Esq."

We are no way near the USA when it comes to computer crime detection, on the other hand we probably have fewer incidences right now?

Anyhow, I think he would look rather cute with a prison haircut

Sorry about the "English" slant to this post folks.........please PM me if you want graphic explanations.

Cheers