Norton Access Drive C Denied?HELP

Thread: Norton Access Drive C Denied?HELP

Norton Access Drive C Denied?HELP

After messing around with NET USE between my 2 computers at home i started recieving this error message on startup:
    TITLE: NORTON PROTECT
    I would like to remove this message. Any suggestions?
    I attached a screen shot.

Extra Info:
    Norton Version: 2003
    Product: Norton System Work 2003 + Antivirus
    Windows: XP HOME
    Error Occurance: Startup
    Folders Location(NET USED): C:/
    Screen Shot Attached
    AntiOnline Quick Forum Version 2b Click Here

I'm assuming that you have something like Disk Doctor running or something similiar to that. It sounds like its trying to access the C: drive, but you computer is using it right now and can't give it access. Try disabling the system works, but just leaving the AV, and Internet Security running.
    =

I had a friend who had the same problem. It is not a "Problem" YOU should still be able to access the C: drive, it is supposedly just keeping internet outsiders from accessing the C: drive. (Think firewall). You are using Norton system works, so it does make sense you have this utility. It could also be that it is blocking outside applications from accessing C: In that case Cheyenne might be right.
    \"The wise programmer is told about Tao and follows it. The average programmer is told about Tao and searches for it. The foolish programmer is told about Tao and laughs at it.
    If it were not for laughter, there would be no Tao.\"

Check that the 'System' account has 'read' access to your c: drive. You should be able to stop this error message after you disable the Norton Recycle Bin in 'Options'. If neither of these solutions work, you can always search for an answer on http://www.sarc.com.

thanks, everybody, i'm very thankfull to have such people in the AO community.
    AntiOnline Quick Forum Version 2b Click Here