Please, i ask for help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please, i ask for help

Please, i ask for help

I have AOL and am trying to get rid of those popups. I have searched google, yahoo, and so on, but only found a program that stop popups from a web site. But thats not what am looking for and i don't know the name of what am looking for is. so if you know any programs or downloads to stop this annoying problem. Thanxs
    Who am I? I am a Command!!
    Sir Yes SIR!! --by F8 DeTree

Sorry misread your post but I am currently looking for a program that will do just what you are looking for.

Not a popup but those things that popup and ad messages on em. can you please add a link if you know of any program.

I searched every site I could think of and I couldn't find any free programs only shareware with time trials

GreekGoddess
    I'm not really sure specifically what you're talking about, the only thing I could think of was spamming via the Windows Messaging system in the form of popup advertising:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/spam/messenger.php

Thanx GreekGoddess thats it

Are you using the AOL browser? If you are, that could be your 1st issue.
    I hate this place, nothing works here, I\'ve been here for 7 years, the medication does\'nt work...

GreekGoddess
    It's especially a problem if you have Kazaa installed. I didn't really find a big association with the messenger popups when I was using AOL any more than any other browsing system, but Kazaa made a huge difference in the amounts of messenger related popups I received before I turned it off.

You want to get rid of pop-ups...? Download Mozilla from www.mozilla.org and use AOL just for your connection to the internet... and Mozilla as your browser...
    [pong][shadow]Why won\'t anyone give me greenies???[/shadow] [/pong]

go to contrpl panel >> administrative tools >> services.

double-click Messenger. Click on the button to stop the servive and on the drop-down menul select disable.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”