Thread: Jammer - from Agnitum

Jammer - from Agnitum

Has anyone here tried Jammer ? I run sygate as a firewall but I have a friend that asked me about this product and if he could/should use it in addition to a firewall..

http://www.agnitum.com/products/jammer/

Jammer is the last word in Internet security. It combines a user-friendly interface with very sophisticated and powerful security measures that protect your Windows system while you are surfing the web.

As a potent protection device, Jammer is like a cyber fortress defending you from attackers. Dangerous software such as Trojans, Backdoors, Adware and Spyware can't get through Jammer's thick walls. Its system monitor shows clearly and simply what processes are taking place at any moment in time and every connection made to and from your computer.

Jammer is easy to install, unlike most firewalls and browser shields. Jammer is designed for the layman, to make cyberspace secure and enjoyable.

A major advantage for Jammer users is it combines controlling, blocking and monitoring software in one simple package. It's a perfect choice.

Jammer: your cyber fortress, protecting you from attacks of all kinds.

It seems to sell itself rather well but the question is "Is it nearly that effective?" I'd love to hear from someone who has downloaded the trial version to play with.

As for your friends question about using it with a firewall.. the answer is no.

Important Notes
    Jammer is not compatible with Outpost.
    We strongly recommend that you uninstall all other firewalls before installing Jammer. Running Jammer along with any other firewall software will very likely result in system instability (i.e. crashes) and almost certainly will result in Jammer operating in an insecure fashion.

Hi, i just tryed agnitum Jammer, i have a Celeron 1.0Ghrz 512mb ram blabla vla, and when i installed Agnitum Jammer when i tried to run it it just restarted my system, and after that it did it again. It got in an infinite loop, and i don't have an antivirus or a firewall i just got this computer and add it to my network. So i don't know why but it's crashing my system in an infinate loop. It's the only Agnitum product that i have had problems with, i'm a bit disapointed.
    i just pressed F8 to log in in safe mode unisntalled the program and everything is fine again.

Are you having the same problem thats why you post this question ? ? ?

what OS are you running GrApHiCTrOn? 95/98/ME/NT/2000(XP is not supported)
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

i installed in win 2000 advanced server and XP pro
    it had the same result in both of them

really! did you have another firewall or packet detection software installed?

this thing advertises itself for absoulte beginners so im not even going to mess with it but it would be a shame is a company that gives free protection to netizens got themselves a bad name by releasing a shoddy product.

thanks for the warning. i was tempted to see how simple it was so as to recommend it to newbies!

although in their defense, they do advertise it for desktop protection and do state XP is not supported.

if anyone has it installed on win2k pro id like to hear their opinion.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

sorry for the delay in aswering, but i had to go to lunch with some customers. But no that machine that i installed it has windows xp ,2k advanced server edition and RH8, that's my test computer, i don't even have an AV of firewall installed in that machine, not even the crapy co called "firewall" that windows has, just the windows updates that i have downloaded nothing more.

sorry.. for my late response.. and thanks for the replies..

it does sound like it isn't worth it.. although I may play around with it on an old w95 box. if it's non-configurable then no one would know if it's doing anything.. unless one were to try to hack it.. I'll just setup a firewall for my friend.. at least I know what it does..

again, thanks..