Thread: To everyone using Comcast as an ISP

Too everyone using Comcast as an ISP

Hey all,

A few days ago I got an email saying that it was from comcast and that there was a problem billing the credit card and that I should go to a website too fix this. Well, I made a note too call them up but did not go thankfully.

I just got another E-mail from Comcast saying that in the last few days there have been alot of e-mails going around saying to go too the site. The website looked like an actual Comcast web site but when you put in credit card info and so on, guess what happened.

The e-mail has the subject:

Account Error -- URGENT

And states what I just told you above. The e-mail ends with:

Thank You
    Wayne Rolsen
    Comcast billing department.

Please remember that Comcast does NOT ask for ANY information like that in E-mail. Do NOT enter your information, if you have, notify your credit card companies to check your account and so on. Also the e-mail that is actually from Comcast warning you about this says to notify the local authorities.....I guess you could so they could look you in the eye and say "I have no idea what the hell you think I can do about that".

Heh, anyway, if any of you have Comcast as an ISP and actually went to the web page and sent in your credit card info, please go to Alienware.com and order a new Alienware with a 500 GB HD and 256 MB Vid card and ship it too me here in Michigan and then tell your credit card company like Comcast suggests so you wont have to pay for it.

Also, my Birthday is in a month so when Doom III comes out, you already have a way to get the charges taken off your credit card, buy it for me!!!

Also, the web page HAS been taken down and Comcast is working with the law to fix the problem. Again, Comcast suggests that you notify your credit cards, bank, and law enforcement as soon as possible.

For more info on this go to:

http://www.consumer.gov/idtheft

Heh, I thought I'd make this post because some of you may use Comcast, so I did it gore style; Actual information you may need to know with a smart ass tone.

Ninja Code Monkey
    Just more people fishing for info. A while ago there was a mail that appeared to be from the FBI asking for personal info to help stop scams like this. Too bad they were asking for social security #'s, bank account #'s, pins, etc. I believe the people who did that one were busted rather quickly.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Hopefully whoever is doing this gets caught quickly too. Dumb asses.

Speaking of comcast , Lately ive been noticing my systems getting probed for sub7 and the ancient Netbus.. I did a whois on them and most of them out of the 650 probes came from comcast...Oh well.
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

Well broadband would allow you to scan things a lot faster. A lot of people with Comcast do not use firewalls or anything either. It makes them easier to exploit and turn in to scanning clones.
    Sysmin Sys73m47ic
    -The Hacker Pimps
    -Development Team {FuxorWRT}
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=563

Ninja Code Monkey
    On any form of broadband you can count on quite a bit of scanning, 10 million twits with a decent sized pipe thinking they are uber haxors.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    LOL, well one of my end users thinks that Comcast is their "e-mail client". Yes, there are people walking around the planet who are this stupid.

Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

i have comcast, and i hate it like a fatal diesese. sure the hi speed is good, but my connection is *constantly* going down...BTW, i got that email too, and my first thought: Bullsh1t! ...

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

These kinda mails have been going around for a long time. I also just noticed an increase in the number of mails I am getting asking me to go to a certain site to update my account and stuff. they also seem very legit with the same headers you get when you receive a real official mail from say ebay.

You just have to watch the links cos most of the time they link you to another location using @. Normally when I receive this kinds of mails I either ignore them or go manually to the actual site to check if there is any truth to the mail.

All you can do is report this but its gonna be difficult for them to get these guys cos I realise that most of the time the sites are not in the US and thus not covered by the laws. And getting other govts and ISPs to get these guys doesnt always work.

As a general I believe that most companies now days specifically state they will never ask for your information via email. Oh well. I like Adelphia. Fast connection, never really down.