Thread: Windows update

Windows update

I would like to know if anyone knows how to allow a power user or regular user to do Windows updates. I know you can right click and do a run as and then specify the admin user and password. This is not a good way since I would have to go to every computer and do that my self. I have tried task schedual and have added the user name to the security list for the update executable. When I run update it still says that you have have to be an administrator. If anyone knows a way around this please let me know. By the way I only have a NT 4 server as the DC and the users PCs are XP and 2k.
    Thanks

AO French Antique News Whore
    I use a inside server call "Software Update Service". But that not realy necessary, for Windows 2000 and XP, I have domain policy that force people to download update in the week and install them at 5:00am the Tuesday Morning. I also have a Wake on Land utility that wake everypc at 4:45am the Tuesday Morning.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

interesting how to handle multiple task with software or any kind of technique ?
    Anyway can someone give a link to multiple task that can hande by software or tehnique ?