browser question

Thread: browser question

browser question

why when i open up ie and type in googles adress i can go but in my Mozilla all of a sudden it takes me somewhere else, any help will be great thanks

Elite Hacker
    What page does it take you to. Some sites will hijack your browser. It probably takes you to another search site right? Please provide more info.

browser

takes me to ecampus, not sure some kind of college site lol, pissing me off though, I'm running spybot now to see if it'll find anything, was trying out new proxies but must of been some kind of spyware or something, just cant seem to find good proxies.

Elite Hacker
    I don't think you have a trojan. It is most likely that the proxy sends you to that page when you type in certain web addresses. Were you using the proxy in both ie and mozilla?
    edit:

what proxy are you using, i will test it to see if the same thing happens to me.

Please supply more info..i guess in your pc there is a data mining utility that direct you to their websites. Try to install freeware ad-aware from www.lavasoft.com, its anti datamining software