Ladybug Beetles (Kill)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladybug Beetles (Kill)

Ladybug Beetles (Kill)

Okay, I don't know about the rest of the united states, but here in Michigan, ladybugs are horrible pests and are invading everything. Today when I came home, again, they were covering my whole damn house, again. I was fed up with them, I have already used a permethrin based toxin to kill them, it didn't work, they didn't die, and they came back again. I have also already used a baygon aerosol and several other house based insecticides. Home depot / Lowe's both just said to wait it out and that they will pass, but these things are just pissing me off.

Anyway, today I went out there with my little chemical spray container, which is a 2 gallon bucket with a little hose type spray nozzel on the end that you pump to pressurize it, but instead of using cheap imitations, I used some gasoline. Long story short, I had a mini-flame thrower that was working like a beast at killing the damned things until my neighbor who has absolutely nothing better to do than stare out her window at me and complain about my music, driving, et cetera, called the police, again, who unfortunately also must have absolutely nothing better to do, came over and informed me that my little home made flame thrower was unsafe, that it was dry and there is a high fire possibility (even though it rained yesterday) and that they didn't want to see me with it again.

I already tried searching google, and cannot find any other good information, even found some stupid hippies supporting these pests saying don't kill them, and I need to figure out a good way to get rid of them. So if any of you have discovered a clever effective way of getting rid of these things please tell me, I could use the help

AO's Mr Grumpy
    I had never heard of them, until I realised they are called Ladybirds in the UK, yes and the kids just love them, and they even have Ladybird jewellery etc. gardeners love them, as they destroy or eat Aphids, which bugger up their roses (I'm not into gardening , only found that out). Try a ladybird search also. A quick search suggested that most insecticeds that kill Aphids, should also kill ladybirds. Hope this helps
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Well yea, the stuff I sprayed on them killed them, but then 30 minutes later they were back.

Yet again we say ladybugs are "beautiful."

I may not be able to help with your problem but may help you with your urgent neighbor http://www.revenge.ukweb.nu/.

I can't really tell you if their is a queen ladybug that produces the family. If so, I suggest you get your house fumigated, nothing new really.... Other then costing a few pay checks.
    Trickk-en-os-sis: A worm or more less a snake that eats inside of meat, nonetheless the mind.

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Originally posted here by The3ntropy
    Well yea, the stuff I sprayed on them killed them, but then 30 minutes later they were back.
    Just a thought, does your nosey neighbour have them also, and if not why not? You could always give her a blast with your flame thrower

Yea, she does too but she is a cat lady, probably one of the hippies that is for ladybug rights too. :S

GreekGoddess
    These are called Multi Colored Asian Beetles (referred to as MALB) intentionally released to control aphids and scale insects. They're annoying as hell...here's some more info, including some tips on getting rid of them:

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hse-fact/1030.html
    http://www.pmcenters.org/northcentral/MALB/Control.htm
    http://www.ag.ohio-state.edu/~ipm/lady/lady.htm

Yea, those arent lady bugs, and living in Michigan, yea there annoying as hell. They dont like Lysol either. I couldnt find the bug killer **** so I made them smell like flowers. It actually killed a few. I find the best method to get rid of them is stepping on them. works everytime.Yet again, God has already given us a solution to a problem that mans chemicals cant do.

GreekGoddess
    They seem to like the ceiling a lot here, or high up on the walls. I just get them with the vacuum.

A large quantity of weapons grade fissile material should do the trick. It will solve three problems :

1. your infestation of insects.

2. That they keep coming back.

3. Your neighbour.

Here in the UK, we like ladybirds. They are good for the gardens, and the kids love them.