Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shutting down a remote computer with dos.

valhallen you never let me have any fun! anyway i was just funnen with him (notice no negs)

To shutdown a remote computer using shutdown.exe you must have admin rights on the network or as has been stated you get "Access Denied". Of course if your tired of school you could always pipe-up your rights.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Elite Hacker
    Tedob1, I just shutdown one of my computers from another one without admin rights. Using the info provided in the post before yours is how I did it. In fact when I when to the computer I was shutting down it had a countdown and said that a shutdown has been issued by "Guest". I don't think that guest has admin rights. What I'm saying is that if you change the configuration with the steps from my last post in this thread you can make it to where anyone can shut down the computer remotely like I did. I set it to where the user "Everyone" can shutdown the computer, which is probably not good, but since I'm behind router with a firewall I don't think that it's a problem. By the way, does anyone know what port this uses. I would assume it uses port 139, but I could be wrong.