Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: log off

log off

Hi all,
    My winXP log off over and over one user only. If I log in with other user there is no problem. I scaned for viruses ... but nothing. What is happening?
    BGDevS
    [gloworange]www.peaksoft.info [/gloworange]

settle down, take a deep breathe and re-explain what's happening, clearly
    do it now and ask for forgiveness later

))) ... When I login in my XP it starts to log off, but only when i am logged with exact user. When i log with other users there is no problem ...
    BGDevS
    [gloworange]www.peaksoft.info [/gloworange]

Does this problem occur when you log into safe mode with the user you are having problem with?

To boot to safe mode:

When starting the system hold the control key while booting.
    (I think... been a while since I've done it this way.)

OR

When starting the system, after the POST, press F8 (sometimes you have to press it more than once... I normally press it rapidly until I hear a beep or see the boot options screen.)

Choose safe mode. Login with user you are having problem with.

Also, have you checked your system logs to see if there was any errors related to this problem?

Hopefully your anti-virus is up to date. The Blaster virus did something like that. You must have something starting under the user you are trying to log in under that is making it reboot. Did you recently install some software or something?
    Sysmin Sys73m47ic
    -The Hacker Pimps
    -Development Team {FuxorWRT}
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=563

i agree with sysmin....sounds like some cases of blaster, but i dont recall hearing about it in XP...safe mode seems like the way to go.
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

Elite Hacker
    I just tested this on my computer. Check this folder for that user: go to my computer>c:>documents and setting>user name>start menu> programs>startup
    and make sure there are no shortcuts pointing to this:
    c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -l
    if there is one delete it. You can do this from any account on the computer. This probably isn't the cause unless you share the comp with someone and they are messing with you.
    Hope this helped.

You can only go into others Documents and Settings as long as no one has set the "Make Personal Folders Private" to "YES" . . . if this is the case, change the way the users login and disable the Welcome screen, then you can enter as Administrator, this also works for XPHome. I create the DisableCAD registry so everyone has to use Ctrl+Alt+Del to login on my Home machines.

If none of the above works, I have come across this problem with a corrupt user profile. The solution is to delete and recreate a profile for the user. Remember to delete the local and roaming profiles if they have them.

Good Luck

usually an automatic logoff indicates that there is a problem with the user's environment(profile), an authentication issue, or a group policy issue. If you are not running on a domain, then it should really be your profile.
    $person!=$kiddie or die(\"Alas, die you hotmail hacker!!\");
    SecureVision