Partial Birth Abortions
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Partial Birth Abortions

Partial Birth Abortions

Today the US senate will vote on a bill to ban “partial birth abortions”. It’s expected to pass. As most of us know this is just the beginning of their fight against abortion.

In my opinion its far too easy to get an abortion. If we want to fight the flu we must see a doctor and get a prescription. I can’t even buy reading glasses when I know what strength I need with out a doctors ok. But yet any women can say I want to stop this person from being born and answer to no one. No MD, consular, husband, mother, priest. It could even be a spur of the moment decision…like changing ones hair style. I think this goes beyond the bounds of personal freedom.

Well that’s my 2¢

So how far do we let the present administration go with this?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

OK I am confused.... basically it's presented that some are against a womans choice to have an abortion. Pro-Life; but you are against the vote to ban partial birth abortions??? You do realize it's expected to pass? Basically the senate, who has nothing to do with recent presidential elections is voting on the issue that you seem to support.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

RoadClosed sorry im a little scattered (pissed). this morning i found someone had bent the top of my car door down to break into it...in my driveway.

im aware, an also stated that the bill is expected to pass. imo partial birth abortions have pushed the issue as to when a fetus is a humam being past the point of reason. im glad it will pass.

it is the presidents people that are pushing for this...and im not saying for this we should "vote him out". i'd just like to know how far people are willing to let this go...all the way to ban all abortions. stop the whole thing right here. what are peoples feelings on this?? being a political issue its not a taboo subject like it has been. or maybe it is and im still in a comma.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Ah so you don't think Bush is not going far enough? That he should fight a supreme court decision made in the 70s?

The Senate just OKd the Ban by the way.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

the plaintiff in that supreme court decision asked the court to reverse its decision about 2 months ago.

i worry about how far these guys are going to go. sometimes i think that’d like to see a christian rule on the order of the taliban rule although it would be nice to see some morals involved in our legal decisions. a nations moral standard can exist without a particular religion or without a belief in a particular god. Separating from church doesn’t necessitate doing away with morals. But we the people need to decide what the standard shall be.

As far as abortion in general goes i don’t think it should be totally up to the individual, to a large part yes. What would happen if i decided i didn't want to have a few toes. its my body! Or my pinkys got in the way like zorba the greek. If I started lopping then off they’d lock me up…its not totally up to me. Qualified people have to make this decision. (So much for everyone being equal). To make sure im in my right mind etc.

I don't think this decision sets precedence for the Supreme Court to overthrow the decision to make abortion legal. I guess I am somewhat of a hypocrite because I think a woman should not be forced to carry and give birth to a child if she doesn't want to. I don't want them to do it but I see abused kids all over the place everyday of my life. It never stops. But I think carrying a baby until it's almost born and then pulling it half way out and sticking a harpoon in the back of it's skull is a little over the edge. I also think some people in our society have come to realize that.

I am not sure why people support that kind of procedure, except to not let anything slide through because they are worried about Roe vs. Wade, and I don't blame them. Reversal of that decision would not be supported by the current climate of our society.
    West of House

parallel

Roe v Wade will eventually be regarded by historians as a remarkable
    parallel to Dred Scott v Sanford:

In Scott v. Sanford the Court states that Scott should remain a slave, that as a slave he is not a citizen of the U.S. and thus not eligible to bring suit in a federal court, and that as a slave he is personal property and thus has never been free.
    The court further declares unconstitutional the provision in the Missouri Compromise that permitted Congress to prohibit slavery in the territories. In fact, the compromise is already under assault as a coalition of political leaders—some slaveholders, o thers westerners who resent the federal government's ability to dictate the terms of statehood—claim that territorial residents should be able to determine on what terms they enter the union. The decision in Scott v. Sanford greatly alarms the antislaver y movement and intensifies the growing division of opinion within the United State. The newly-formed Republican Party, which opposes the expansion of slavery, vigorously criticizes the decision and the court.
    http://library.wustl.edu/vlib/dredscott/chronology.html

Before the Dred Scott decision, slavery was regulated by a delicate political
    compromise, The Missouri Compromise, that permitted free states to prohibit slavery,
    and requiring new states to be balanced in number between free and slave.

The Dred Scott decision made slavery the law of the land, for all intents
    and purposes, destroying the right of free states to prohibit slavery. War followed.

One hundred years from now, people will wonder how we could have allowed
    abortion to go on so long. We are under a curse. God damn America.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Banned
    personially i beleave it is up to the mother and the father if the father is not around then it is up to the mother what thay do, if the girl is under a cirtan age then it should be up to the parents of the girl, not the girl.
    you should not ban abortin as think of all the unwonted children out there allready, try trippling that, that is what you will end up with, and all those "back yard" abbortion clinicks that are going to open, look at all the infection and death that is going to happon.
    keep it legal, if thay wont an abortion thay should have the right to do so and do so knowing that thay are going to be ok when it is over, may be not mentally but physacly thay are going to be ok, and there are councerlers on hand if thay need them.

just my 4c worth

Nightfalls_Girl

I'm pro life my self. I think abortions should be an illegal thing. No matter what, your killing a living human being. I'm sure you people have had sex ed. So once that egg is fertile, its a living thing.

I think even if a girl messed around and got pregnant, she should still be responsible and have the baby. It was her fault that she became pregnant.

I might of screwed up what I wanted to say but its 1:30 in the mornign and I'm beat.
    =

Banned
    ok now what if she was raped and she fell pregnant that way?
    why should she have to keep that baby, it would be a constant reminder of the raping.
    not to mention giving the raper a reason to mentially tourture her, in court over custartd battles ,access rights, ect

Nightfalls_Girl