Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hacking my computer

it's a mind trick
    As in Jedi mind trick???? LOL

Anyway, i think he wont really do much unless you really pissed him off. hopefully you got the post that he made threatening to hack you. That will come in handy when something happens. or if you just want to make sure it doesnt by going to his ISP.

Like most of the guys said here, AV, updates, firewall, IDS, anti trojan. thsoe would be the things to do. And disable anything that is not necessary. Good passwords also help. also monitor your box to make sure nothing funny is going on.

Ah don't let this person worry you, Just do the right thing protect your computer by using the correct programs and you should be fine.
    By the sounds of it this person is just most likely a Script Kiddie, that would explain why he's friends are all in jail.
    And if he did go on about Hackin you and all, call he's bluff usually if you ask someone this one question when they are threating to crash your system they will dissapear.

Just ask him what your ISP is???
    And if You don't know what your ISP is do the following .

Go into MSDOS
    once you are in there

make sure your in
    c:\

once you are in c:\ type the following

c:\netstat -r

And it will fill your screen up with the following
    Route Table

Active Routes
    Ok now look for the word Gateway Addrese.
    The first group of numbers under this word are your ISP number for example

Gateway Addresse
    203.***.***.226
    203.***.***.226
    203.***.***.226
    203.***.***.226
    203.***.***.226

Ok that would mean that my ISP is 203.***.***.226
    So when this so called Hacker tells you your ISP you can check to make sure that he is just trying to scare you.

And another thing when your using a messenger like Yahoo for instance. And someone offers to send you a file or a pic .
    BE VERY CAREFUL......!

Because while the file is been sent the person can get your ISP number by typing
    one of the following in the Dos Prompt

netstat -a
    netstat -r
    netstat -n

So just be careful as if the person knew what they were doing they \CAN launch an attack on your System if they wanted to.
    So just be careful

Cheers

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    What do you know about this person?

Find out all you can.

Hand over the details to the poilice or relevant government agency.

Tell them what you are doing.

Remeber, mind tricks can easily be reversed!
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

why not get his Ip off the headers, then check it out, if its a broadband user, hack him, see how he likes it.

Just out of idle interest I want to see this threatening email / Instant Message.

Can you post it please?

Cheers
    V$D$
    I remember when Nihil was ickle. Does that mean I'm old?

I am inclined to agree that this guy is probably "all talk and no trousers" but you might try a few precautions just in case?

http://www.winpatrol.com (winpatrol)
    http:// www.diamondcs.com.au (Registry Prot........as mentioned by Whizz)
    http://www.swatit.org (swatit)
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/index.html (HijackThis)

All good utilities in their own way.............and your origional post did ask for "extras"

Good Luck

[_Oz_] You might consider deleting that post? The sentiment is understandable, but NOT what we recommend or condone round here?

This and a few others caught my attention

By the sounds of it this person is just most likely a Script Kiddie, that would explain why he's friends are all in jail.
    Lol. he evan said he has friends that went to jail for hacking. And he's still stupid enough to hack.
    All jokes aside!

inf0streaker: Please understand its best to be honest. Because, if anyone where to get involved with their own friendship or life. Is honestly trying to scare you, thus being lonely in life. I can guarantee, with my word, he's a (please excuse my language) lump of crap.

But, then again its best to be safe then sorry. So follow your fallow members to safety...
    Trickk-en-os-sis: A worm or more less a snake that eats inside of meat, nonetheless the mind.