Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driver locations

thadbme.. I know you're just trying to help but didn't you notice that GrApHiCTrOn already posted the link to driver guide ?

plus.. you don't have to be a member.. the username and password given to EVERYONE is the same and it's been posted hundreds of times before so I won't feel bad about showing just one of those places it was posted at.
    http://www.missionarytechsupport.com...article&sid=26

hehe.. i had to pick that site.. christians posting username and password.. hmmm..
    i guess if it's ok with them.. it's ok with me too

Elite Hacker
    cheyenne1212,

To see your driver and modem type:

1) go to control panel

2) Click on system

3)choose device manager

4) Right click on your modem and choose property

5) You should see the modem manufacturers details and model

6)if you click on driver tab and click on the driver details button, you should see the driver name and location.

Dr_Evil
    I don't think she could do this considering that every time an application is run explorer.exe crashes. Then again, she couldn't really do anything. Maybe it only crashes when non-system apps are opened such as ie or kazaa. I'm just trying to grasp the situation.

My apologies. Just scanned over quickly and didn't see the link.

I was aware of the same logon given to all users, however I didn't feel it right posting the username and password on a security website!

Sorry about the double info there!

hehe.. now it's my turn to apologize.. I guess I can't read or grasp things to well..

as h3r3tic pointed out.. if explorer always crashes then there probably isn't much hope in installing one of those apps I listed..

cheyenne.. maybe you could reinstall 98 over the top of what's there..
    then grab the drivers and do a clean install..

Elite Hacker
    I know they did some sort of thing with firewire on the screen savers that transfered files from one comp to the other. Maybe you could temporarily copy the windows directory and also back up the registry to another comp, then get what you need after you reinstall.