How to hack the admin password of ANY system...

Thread: How to hack the admin password of ANY system...

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

How to hack the admin password of ANY system...

It's amazing sometimes..

The following article examplifies the true dangers of social engineering and our want to "win" something in life..

An on-line security questionnaire of IT experts within some of the UKs largest organisations highlighted the ease with which hackers can breach security systems as, alarmingly, 15 percent of the experts - those generally responsible for security - provided their computer passwords in order to enter a prize draw.

The survey, by NCC Group, questioned over 150 people to assess how vulnerable the IT systems of UK business and public sector organisations actually are. The final question in the survey asked respondents to enter their password to be included in a prize draw. Despite the fact that this information would give a hacker open-access to private IT networks, an incredible 15 percent of people opted to give their password - before the on-line survey pointed out their mistake.

Read the rest of the article here
    I wonder how many actually changed their passwords after being told. Maybe it's not the "luser" that's the problem...
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Re: How to hack the admin password of ANY system...

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    I wonder how many actually changed their passwords after being told. Maybe it's not the "luser" that's the problem...
    I wonder how many just enter a bogus password in order to be entered. That's what I would have done.

Cheers:
    DjM

Scary indeed.

I would doubt very many of them changed passwords due to the hassle of it. I hate changing passwords as much as the next person, but i pride myself upon their strength!

Good article MS.