Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is bullshit

Angry This is bullshit

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...game_lawsuit_1

Another shooting blamed on video games. The kids involved arent even old enough to purchase this game in the US, so how is the game to blame when the parents had to buy it for them?

This is ****, no one takes the blame for anything anymore. Its a bunch of finger pointing bullshit. I cant wait to have a kid. Ill buy him a ****ing machine gun and let him loose at the police station. I'll get away with it too, I'll say the army made him do it.

What do you all think?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Eh... people want to blame everything but themselves. And in the US where you can sue even if the person was acquitted or found not guilty, people sue to justify things to themselves.

What kills me is the amount: $246 Million. $46 million for distributors and then $200 million for the creators.
    Where do they pull these figures out?? ("Well a leg is $10 million.." )
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Yeah Gore, and we could sue the media for glorifiying and subjecting our kids to a nightly barrage of violent images of murder, rape and gang warfare. Then when our distant kids take a gun to school and shoot up a lunch room they can say they learned it from the News at 6, then I'll absolve my child of all responsibility and go after anyone but myself and my child because in America, it's never our fault. As I stated in another thread. Those little bastards are evil and they want to get away with it, while only a few hours before being caught they probably laughed their asses off while shooting and inocent person and couldn't wait for the next opportunity. They know the difference between cartoons, video games and reality; the little shitheads.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    What about their parents?? Where were they in all of this??
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

These are the same little bastards from this earlier thread....

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=248245
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

The U.S. parets are ****ing with their young kids. Although I wouldn't mind 246 million think of the sweet computer you could buy. I don't agree with the lawsuits. And, I ask myself when will it stop I mean some dumb broad spills coffee on herself and she makes millions. So, I am wondering if a prositute gives me VD how much you think I sue the pimp for?

The parents are irrasponsable, they do not know what their kids do, nor do they care.

A video game cannot teach you how to shoot, that is pure bullshit. I've been playing Wolfenstine 3d since the age of 5, and Duke Nukem 3d when it came out, and quake 3 recently. All I have learnt is a series of keystrokes that are good for dodging, and methods for ligning up the cursor with a corsair, not once has it shown me how to:
    A) Hold a gun;
    B) Aim a gun;
    C) or Use a gun;

Well I supose these parents need to blame somthing becase they ****ed up and were never there for their kid, oh well it's not their fault, why own up to it when you can simply blame an innocent industry?
    Hi.

This is the same kind of lame logic that was used against McD's, claiming that the food made people fat. The court tossed that one out, thankfully. I hope the courts toss this one out, too. I wish the news media would quit feeding this frenzy, and make those involved in these frivolous suits look the idiots they are.

Have you ever heard a "reporter" question a parent, or challeng thier perspective? "Where were you when Julie/Johnny was playing this game for 48 hours straight? Did you know she/he bought this? Do you encourage your child to play violent games?"

No.

Yea I think I agree with justabout everything you all have said. Parents are supposed to teach kids right from wrong. The game is just that, a game. Life doesnt have a reset switch. Another thing I want to bring up is Columbine high, being a punk rock dude I got alot of **** from school because they thought just because two kids did it that we all were like that.

A few of my friends were taken to other schools because the staff was utterly in fear. It's stupid. Yea I'd love a couple million dollars, I'd set up a couple Solaris and trusted Solaris boxes and buy my own domain, finance my own OS, which by the way, my OS WOULD take Microsoft apart. Id do what they did, go to every hardware manufact and every software company and make them support my OS.

Except I wouldnt bend my customers over either. I'd write my own OS but I have no intentions on being a programmer. I'm an OSs person and thats that, I can secure my systems and I would make my OS a mix; I would talk to the developers of Solaris, Trusted Solaris, and Open BSD to work on a security stand point. I would also hire the people who write OSs for kitchen appliances, I know it seems dumb but think about it, when have you ever seen a Microwave or toaster crash? lol.

I'd have them there, not to WORK on the system, but to watch over the other programmers. By that I mean I would have them keep it simple yet effective. Also, SuSE, Debian, Slackware, and Mandrake Linux would also be hired in. I think those are the best of the best in the Linux world. I like SuSE and it is my favorite distro, so I would take parts from them and strike a deal with them, I also like Slackware because it's simple and effective, mix that with the simple and ease of use of SuSE, and then add features from Mandrake because the way they do a few things I also like, and then Debian, another fav of mine.

Then Id have A nice design ready, the actual OS would be a mix between Solaris, Trustred Solaris, Open BSD, SuSE, Mandrake, Debian, Slackware and BeOS. As for networking, I would hire in Free BSD. I think Free BSD is very good with networking and I would use some of what they do too.

Also I would make the programmers as I said before work with people who write for kitchen appliance OSs, to keep it from being bloated. Id use the kitchen tools as the basis for the entire OS. By that I mean I would make the OS simple, yet seemingly complex. I would split the OS into peices and have each part to one job VERY well. If you know alot about UNIX this is the basis for it too.

I would give the option to have a GUI or not, which during install would be chosen. The GUI would have a meter you could use to basically choose how GUI intence the system would be. If you have a powerful machine and you like eye candy, You could set the system GUI FX up all the way and everything would look beautiful, tasks would start up like movies.

But, if you wanted you could also run it on a 386. and if you wanted it would have a user interface that ran on a 386, not just command line. Of course this would be similar to a DOS Shell, the mouse would work, but the GUI would be nothing more than colored text and things that would prolly resemble a drawing on the screen, kind of like PC-DOS uses.

I would have the kicthen tools programmers also sit down at talk to the people who write DOS, (PXC and DR DOS). That way the simple standards could be transfered to the OS.

Also, I would make it so that it had "patches" for compatibility. Like if you wanted it to run Windows **** or something liek that, you could install the patch from the installation media. That way the system wasnt hogging resources for no reason.

Stability, Reliability, Security and Performance would be what Id want first. The GUI would look awesome but I wouldnt take away from reliability just to "make it look pretty". The installation I think would be new. I would have it set up so that while you were installing it was interactive.

Like when you booted it up it would have a nice looking splash screen and then detect your hardware, but while it was doing that, there would be a screen asking you to turn on your speakers and click a button when you heard a test sound. After the speakers were on and a nice sound level was choosen, a little text box would pop up and it would say Hello, what is your name? And then you could tell it your name and it would say Hello to you and ask how you were doing and ask if youd like to play a game.

Id have a couple low resources games for you to choose, like testris or tron, or a window would come up for you to draw on while you waited for hardware detection. Also, hardware support would be very important to me, all the new features of hardware cant be used if the OS cant find it right?

That is why I would go to almost every hardware manufact and ask them for drivers or specs to create them. Then I would have the drivers tested. Also I would recommend Nvidia cards to my users. Id have a chat with the people who make Nvidia cards and tell them about it and ask for them to include drivers for my OS on the CDs of there cards. Id also do this with jutsabout every other hardware maker. That way peopel using this wouldnt have the excuse that with Windows the **** works because theres support.

That wouldnt be aloud to be said anymore because my OS WOULD have support. And everytime something new came out, I would have a patch ready on the OSs website that would add the drivers to your system. Before the thing was released though, I would hire hackers, crackers, and system analysis people to come in and seriously **** with the thing.

Id give them a copy free for doing so and along with cash, I think theyd do good. After the OS was done, I would take the code form it, and chop it up into peices, and have secure code analysis done on it to be sure there arent any holes in it or security flaws that make compromise the system.

Also, to everyone who used it, I would have the activation codes for every copy registered, and that way I could make the OS pop a Window up after the install saying "Congradulations! Your registration code was a randomly generated number that has a winning package" Or some **** like that where there would be a few of the packages sold having registration codes that, when registered would alert the user that they won, and then they could take the code and call up a special number for OS tech support and say they got the message, and then that person could verify this and they would win a new computer or $1000.00 in cash.

The registration code they used would then be marked off so it couldnt be used again. I duno I just think that this would be a nice change in OS installation than the usual "please set your clock" bullshit I see every week when I do an OS install.

The OS itself would be sort of UNIX based, it would be able to run KDE and all the other X clients, but also, by default it would use a custom one that came with it. Also, pricing would be very similar to Linux distros you see in a store. I would charge arounf 70 Dollars for it. Thats a decent price and people can usually afford that much, **** they pay twice that for Windows anyway.

Also, I would have so much software available. By default Id let you choose what you wanted, but the install would be 2 DVDs at least. Unless you did it for 386s, then it would be on floppy, which I would have the OS come with the DVDs, CDs, and floppies for the installation. The floppy disks would contain software for the OS made to run on old machines. The DVDs would be like SuSE Linux, you could install from CDs or DVDs.

I guess after using more than 40 OSs, I know what I and a few others would like to see in an OS. Oh yea, more importantly, the OSs would come with Tux racer, Vi, Emacs, an Unreal Tournament Demo, Doom, Quake, and a firewall.

Wouldnt it be nice to have an OS come with a computer you bought at a store that was actually not Windows? Id strike up deals with alot of people like Microsoft did, and that way we could minimize how many viruses people were hurt by. There wouldnt be no damned VB script in my OS. Id start out with at least x86 and Alphas and Sun stations being supported, Id have it so you could buy the version for whatever hardware you were using it for.

Also, that piracy bullshit wouldnt have people in jail. Well not as much anyway. Id make it sdo when you bought your copy, you could install it on 3 machines. Not 1, but 3. Most people have 3 or less machines and I dont think its right you have to buy 3 ****ing copies of the same software because your kids wanna play with it too, ya know? So id allow 3 machines to use it at once.

Holy **** this is long, Im goign to make a thread about this!

Banned
    gore you can really talk cant you!!!

I think that it is the nature verses nurture debate all over again...
    and it forever will be..

Do you blame the parents/gardians for the childs acctions (Nurture)
    or do you blame the Media ect for the childs acctions (Nature)

Nightfalls_Girl