Ccna

Thread: Ccna

AO's Mr Grumpy

CCNA

Anyone doing their CCNA via Cisco Networking Academy at present? Are you doing it as an individual ie self funded, employer paying for it, or as part of a university course, the latter in my case. We have 6 weeks to complete each Cisco semester. If anyone else is doing it , how do you find it? What is your method of study? I find that the totally on-line method does not work for me. I use on-line plus conventional note-taking and books + we do have lectures, tutorials, and lab practicals

I did the first semester via the online courses. I found it pretty easy. Unfortunatly the vocational school I went to didn't start the program till I was a senior, so I graduated before I could finish. I'm thinking of finishing by studying a book and just going to take the test. Not really sure if it is still worth it, how is the job market for CCNA's if you know?

DeafLamb

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Originally posted here by Deaflamb
    I how is the job market for CCNA's if you know?
    I really don't know about the job market for CCNA's, but regardless of certification or degree, most jobs that I have seen are looking for a min five years experience in the particular skills area required for that job. What did surprise me is how few are in our class(only 8), I thought it would be more popular, I'm doing Communications. For other degree courses e.g. Network Technology, the CCNA component would be replaced with subjects such as LAN design and Win 2000 Systems Admin

nowadays, CCNAs are a dime a dozen. Some companies require a CCNA, others just require a certain number of years of experience like jm459 stated.

Even CCIE's aren't getting what they used to be able to
    t.e.k.n.o.