Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help

Talking ty

thanks guys...

i been away for a few days, i will get on this when i go back home....

have a good weekend

_P
    \"Ships in the harbour are safe, but that is not what ships are made for\" -Unknown

The quote below is unfortunately very likely true. Physical damage to the disk often occurs in instances where systems are dropped or knocked over. Reformatting a Master Boot Record is a temporary solution to a permanent problem.

The Master Boot Record (or MBR) holds all data related to the actual accessible parts of the drive. It holds the information that tells your computer where it can and can not write data. When physical damage occurs to a hard disk, the MBR tells the system that the newly damaged parts are still good, which results in the inability of the system to read the disk.

When you reformat the MBR (Otherwise called Low Level Formatting), you are telling the drive to mark all damaged parts as unusable, and it will consequently skip over those parts when reading and writing data.

The bad part about doing this, is that when your hard disk is physically damaged, it is prone to additional damage over time from normal use. If you come to the conclusion that all else has failed, and you want to do a Low Level Format, take this into consideration. It may be in your best interest to buy a new drive.

Originally posted here by tejaswyappalla
    the fact is simple the hard disk crashed n the worst part is u can't do a damn thin about iteven if the above thins work they 'lll only be temporary and after a sudden power intrrupt u'll have the same old problem so

vat i suggest is do the above said tricks as suggested by sumdumguy jm459 etc save ur data to a cd or som thin like that and buy a new hard disk

thats it the old hard disk is a guest for a few days kiss it good bye!!

belive me i am at a cyber cafe for nothin i too had the same problem and it got right al right but after a few start ups same problem

follow up

ok.....im home now....my brief vacation is over..
    today i will try all teh above suggestions and let you know what worked, and what happened..
    i hope ur week will be wonderful

catch ya on the flip side

_P
    \"Ships in the harbour are safe, but that is not what ships are made for\" -Unknown

feedback

ok..i tried all that stuff....appearantly the HD was screwed up..the fdisk/mbr command didnt do anything.....they had no boot disk, so i couldnt do much in that area......i suggested they go buy a new HD and install it there...everyone is happy now
    thanks for the ideas though....i saved them in case i need to use them again.....

catch yall later

_P