Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drinking fountains

Drinking fountains

Show and tell!

Here

Pretty interesting if you ask me. I mean having an antique in your "computer room." At least you get to drink some cool water, now and then. Ever think of noise level?

I have searched (said in a few tutorials that where posted around here) and never found anything about this nor topic. If so, to bad, ;o)! Just let me know to delete it.
    Trickk-en-os-sis: A worm or more less a snake that eats inside of meat, nonetheless the mind.

*clap clap clap* that is the biggest case of ingenuity I have ever seen in my entire life. Great link man!
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

Round of applause to you my friend..
    Good link very helpful indead...

Cheers

ABSOLUTELEY BRILLIANT!! V V V V CLEVER.

I'll let you all know how much it hurts when the water leaks and electrocutes me!!
    I remember when Nihil was ickle. Does that mean I'm old?

Heh, I'm not going to do that kind of thing to my computer. I dont want to kill it. Better to install professional/commercial guarenteed cooling.

If you are interested, look for water cooled Peltiers they will get you down to about minus 15 centigrade. Watch out for condensation and ice crystals!!!

Or just the humble heat pipe. based on simple evaporation and condensation in a couple of pipes passing through the heatsink block. Try the CoolerMaster website for some more info. I used one of these to get a 2.26 P4 to run stable at 3.066 for 24 hours

Good luck, and may the Lord preserve your MoBos

Cheers

"If you are interested, look for water cooled Peltiers they will get you down to about minus 15 centigrade. Watch out for condensation and ice crystals!!!"

http://www.dansdata.com/peltprac.htm

Why mess with such contraption? Visit link. Notice column on right hand side. Not worth it!
    Trickk-en-os-sis: A worm or more less a snake that eats inside of meat, nonetheless the mind.

Errrrrrrrrr?

My cousin is Senior Professor of Physics at a well established American University. We have discussed the issue of Peltiers and overclocking at some length. If you have the technology, that is where you go?

But you are perfectly correct Trichinosis...............not for the faint hearted......however, think positive?...............you may stuff the $600 processor, but your $2600 water cooled Peltier will still work

Cheers

BTW....................I have not risked a live processor yet

Correct, why spend $2,600 on a product, when you can have something stable and safe to you and your computer for nothing less then $300? Like stated above, not worth it.

Nihil: Just a back up to what were discussing, you stated some key words "If you have the technology, that is where you go?" If I may, you also need money. The link I have posted was, I guess a cheap way of water cooling.

All I can say is wow!!! Thats some cool stuff, both literally and otherwise!