Dos Everywhere

Thread: Dos Everywhere

Dos Everywhere

For everyone here who thought that Microsoft made the only version of DOS:

http://www.oldstuff.myagora.net/powerload/o_dos.htm

Time to get me an old system and have 16 different bootable versions of DOS!

Go for it!!!!

Caldera DOS is still used by Western Digital to install their HDDs?

If it takes off,

maybe we could start a KazDOS site?...there are a lot more than 16 versions

Cheers, nice post

give freedos a try. its allot more than ms-dos ever was with ports of unix utils
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    I was a huge fan of DR-DOS before Novell bought out the original company and screwed up the OS. Caldera salvaged it and kept it alive, thankfully.

Yes, well, maybe this thread should be a discussion of just what one could do with a solid, dependable version of DOS these days.

I can still go back and program databases in the old Turbo Pascal, with a reasonably graphic front end, and a fast index. Still have the install media. Problem is, does anyone want that, and would they pay me for it? Hell, I couldn't get folks to pay me for my time back then.

Might be fun, though.

I have a 386 compaq laptop (a VERY early laptop) and i programmed on qbasic, had lotus installed and did spreadsheet work on it, had wolfenstein 3d, Chess, Moria, and some other old games. And I even got a mouse running on it. That thing has a 16 mb hardrive and it weighs about 5 pounds.

On that note, if anyone out there or in here has any Dos releases (installs, isos, floppies, etc...) I would love to have a copy them. I salvaged a system recently ( 200mhz 64mb ram) that I want to set up a dos multi boot on. Help would be much apreciated!
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-