Mac troubles

Thread: Mac troubles

Blast From the Past

Question Mac troubles

i hav recently aquired a mac powerpc 5500/225 to mess around with so i can see if i would like to buy a brand new mac
    the hdd went out and so did the os, i got another hdd and downmloaded a copy of mac os 8.5
    before the keyboard and mouse worked now only things that work on the keyboard is the power button. whats wrong, i hav switched out the keyboard with a different one but the results are the same
    any ideas out there?

also once i get mouse and keyboard up how do i install to hdd, just click on the cd or is there a process please help
    thanx
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

I can only show you this: http://www-edlab.cs.umass.edu/~ahelblin/misc/mac.html

Sorry bout going off topic..
    [pong][shadow]Why won\'t anyone give me greenies???[/shadow] [/pong]

Banned
    ROTFLMAO
    ROTFLMAO
    ROTFLMAO
    ROTFLMAO
    ROTFLMAO
    ROTFLMAO
    ROTFLMAO

Thanks, :-\ , I needed that!

I don't know much about Macs but have you tried going to http://www.info.apple.com/ and looking for the users guide on it. I am sure it will help you

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Well, MacFixit is the place to go to troubleshoot Mac issues. And I don't know if you'll be able to open up that Mac given it's an all in one concept (for those curious, visit here and select 5500). Unless it's an external SCSI drive.. You'll be awfully close to the CRT and that can be dangerous. You might want to look around for a Mac specialty shop who can do it for you or find an external case.

Generally speaking the Mac will detect the drive right away. You should consider, once the system is running, putting OS 9 on the Mac. There are built-in tools to format and prepare harddrives called Apple Disk Tools.

Hope this helps.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

to mess around with so i can see if i would like to buy a brand new mac
    I think you'll find that any comparison between an "old-world" Mac and a new Mac to be weak at best. The current mac operating system is completely different than MacOS8.5, they've completely redesigned it to actually make use of the expensive hardware that Apple uses.
    If you manage to get the HD in successfully, why not install Yellow Dog linux or something and save yourself the hassle of dealing with classic MacOS, I try to avoid at all costs.
    The owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of dusk. -Hegel

Blast From the Past
    i figured out my problem, the mouse was bad so it made my keyboard not respond and i was planing on installing yellow dog in fact i hav a copy of it so as soon as i can install mac os i can install linux cause i was told that u hav to hav a mac os to install linux.
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

Glad to hear that all it was was a bad rodent