Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NT Admin Password

NT Admin Password

Ok, I'm in a strange situation, I'm at school right now and one of my teachers has asked me for help setting up some old NT machines, however we don't have any passwords or usernames for them as they were all donated, we also don't have the option of reformatting because we don't have any OS cd's on hand. I know there is a way to boot from a floppy then run a program on it that will either reset or tell you the Administrator account password, I know that if I searched google eventually I will find it but we are on a tight schedule and I was hoping somebody here would know off the top of their head where something like this could be found. Also anothe problem is that there is the Bess filtering system also known as N2H2 and that blocks a lot of the sites I have already tried, any help is greatly appreciated.
    I did not come here to tell you how it is going to end, I came here to tell you how it was going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, then I\'m going to tell these people what you don\'t want them to hear.

Try this.... it could work...

http://www.softpile.com/Utilities/Pa...356_index.html

or this

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

let me know the results
    Check out the Big Brain on Brad!

This seems to work well:Offline NT Password Changer

Here's another one to check out.

Cheers:
    DjM

thanks

Thanks much, this looks like it will work, now I just have to get the teacher to download it because my account is so restricted. I'll post back with a yes/no when we try it. Thanks again.
    I did not come here to tell you how it is going to end, I came here to tell you how it was going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, then I\'m going to tell these people what you don\'t want them to hear.

Here you go.. this program works for recovering passwords..

I'm giving you this despite the fact that your story is lame as hell..

Damn it.. stupid attach won't work.. nevermind.. enough answers as it is..
    [pong][shadow]Why won\'t anyone give me greenies???[/shadow] [/pong]

Just remember that without the original OS Media (CDs) or the licencing documentation ... the OS on the systems is not licenced. You would be using a pirated OS.
    No matter how much you know today, you will need to know more tomorrow.

lame as it may be its true, lets not start a flame war here, they are old pentium 133mhz systems with 16mb ram and NT 4.0. anyway we've gotten all that we need the first program posted worked successfully thank you.

Re: NT Admin Password

Originally posted here by mrcoffee12
    [B]Ok, I'm in a strange situation, I'm at school right now and one of my teachers has asked me for help setting up some old NT machines...

... we don't have any OS cd's on hand.
    I think I'm with Soumic here. Unless you have a volume licencing programme from M$, then you are probably not using properly licenced OS (unless you received the licence certificate with every box, which I find unlikely)

If you do have a volume licencing program, you probably have the CDs knocking around somewhere.

So unlocking the admin passwords will gain you nothing because you still won't be allowed to use the machines.

Slarty

does anybody including bill gates really give a **** about the licensing of old NT machines being used in a school. if you do you'll be fine candidates for the thought police.

make a ghost image of them incase someone screws them up (the HDs not the thought police). or should i say for when someone screws them up.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”