October 24th, 2003, 07:01 PM
Short Course in Marketing
Many people are confused about the meaning of the word "Marketing".
Perhaps the following analogies will help clear it up:
1. I see a handsome guy at a party. I go up to him and say, "I'm
fantastic in bed."
That's Direct Marketing.
2. I'm at a party with a bunch of friends and see a handsome guy. One
of my friends goes up to him and, pointing at me, says, "My friend's
fantastic in bed."
3. I see a handsome guy at a party. I go up to him and get his
telephone number. The next day I call and say,"Hi, I'm fantastic in
4. I'm at a party and see a handsome guy. I get up, smooth my hair,
walk up to him and pour him a drink. I smile at him and say "May I?",
reach up to straighten his tie brushing lightly against his arm, and then say, "By the way, I'm fantastic in bed."
That's Public Relations.
5. I'm at a party and see a handsome guy. He walks up to me and says,
"I hear you're fantastic in bed."
That's Brand Recognition.
6. I'm at a party and see a handsome guy. I talk him into going home
with my friend.
That's a Sales Rep.
7. My friend can't satisfy him so he calls me.
That's Tech Support.
8. I'm on my way to a party when I realize that there could be
handsome men in ALL the houses I'm passing. So I climb onto the roof
of one situated in the middle of the neighborhood and shout at the top
of my lungs,
"I'm fantastic in bed!"
\"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
October 24th, 2003, 11:02 PM
good post. Thought it was pretty funny.
Thanks for sharing.
October 25th, 2003, 12:01 AM
LOL... no 7. that'll be me
so where does finance come into it??
Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
October 26th, 2003, 07:08 AM
Huh they were all good..
I'm still chuckling, ahh gonna email this to a friend.
And keep em coming