share windows addressbook

Thread: share windows addressbook

share windows addressbook

I would like to share my addressbook between several computers.

I know it can be done using exchange server, but since I'm doing it at home, I'm not going to invest in that... just for a silly address book.

I have searched and searched but have come up with little.

I would like to put my windows address book on a network drive and share it between PCs.

Does anyone know how I can get this to work?

I know I can export/import all the time, but that gets to be a pain.

What good is a network and fileserver if you can't use it for everything?!

It seems that nobody ever has a good solution to my problems...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Ok, I still can't figure this out.

I'll even settle for sharing a .pst (outlook personal folder) between several PCs.

Again... I don't have the ability to setup an exchange server.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I've searched and searched phishphreeek, but I just can't find anything.

Wouldn't you be able to put your .pst file into a folder, share it on the network, and whenever you add something to it, replace it with the updated one and then have your networked computers update off of that share?

Sorry I can't find anything useful for you.
    =

Banned
    G'day phishphreek80, maybe these sites could be of assistance, maybe not ?????
    thought i would post them just in case they were.

link
    link
    link
    link
    link

ps. love that signature, very funny..

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Would each site have it's own email addy. If so you can click the folder, click file and then click share this folder.

That will then allow you to enter the email addys (or possibly contacts, can't remember) of people you want to share with.

Outlook will send out invites & each other outlook can then accept them.

By giving editor/admin rights to each address then you can keep it maintained at each site.

You may need a plugin for outlook to do this.

Can't remember too much since it's been ages since I've done this.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Cheyenne1212: I'm in the same boat as you. I've been searching and searching.
    I appreciate you trying!

TidaLphasE23: That might just do it! I'm gonna test it out. Thanks a bunch.

steve.milner: I'll look into your suggestion if I can't get TidaLphasE's to work.

Thank you all for replying! I really appreciate it! I don't ask for much often... but when I do, its nice to have people such as you helping!