Thread: Suggestions?

I'm a member of the speech and debate team at my school (hence the outgoing nature lol), an dI need ideas for speeches!!

What speeches/essays do you guys find inspirational? Just give me the name and link!!! It doesn't have to be "hacker" oriented, just a speech/essay you have really enjoyed! I probably wont respond because of my lack of connection, but I will be reading responses!!! Thanks!

Edward Norton = great actor, so here's one from 25th Hour:

**** the panhandlers, grubbing for money, and smiling at me behind my back.

**** squeegee men dirtying up the clean windshield of my car. Get a ****ing job!

**** the Sikhs and the Pakistanis bombing down the avenues in decrepit cabs, curry steaming out their pores and stinking up my day. Terrorists in ****ing training. Slow the **** down!

**** the Chelsea boys with their waxed chests and pumped up biceps. Going down on each other in my parks and on my piers, jingling their dicks on my Channel 35.

**** the Korean grocers with their pyramids of overpriced fruit and their tulips and roses wrapped in plastic. Ten years in the country, still no speaky English?

**** the Russians in Brighton Beach. Mobster thugs sitting in cafés, sipping tea in little glasses, sugar cubes between their teeth. Wheelin' and dealin' and schemin'. Go back where you ****ing came from!

**** the black-hatted Chassidim, strolling up and down 47th street in their dirty gabardine with their dandruff. Selling South African apartheid diamonds!

**** the Wall Street brokers. Self-styled masters of the universe. Michael Douglas, Gordon Gecko wannabe mother ****ers, figuring out new ways to rob hard working people blind. Send those Enron *******s to jail for ****ing life! You think Bush and Cheney didn't know about that ****? Give me a ****ing break! Tyco! Inclone! Adelphia! Worldcom!

**** the Puerto Ricans. 20 to a car, swelling up the welfare rolls, worst ****in' parade in the city. And don't even get me started on the Dom-in-i-cans, because they make the Puerto Ricans look good.

**** the Bensonhurst Italians with their palmaded hair, their nylon warm-up suits, and their St. Anthony medallions. Swinging their, Jason Giambi, Louisville slugger, baseball bats, trying to audition for the Sopranos.

**** the Upper East Side wives with their Armani scarves and their fifty-dollar Balducci artichokes. Overfed faces getting pulled and lifted and stretched, all taut and shiny. You're not fooling anybody, sweetheart!

**** the uptown brothers. They never pass the ball, they don't want to play defense, they take fives steps on every lay-up to the hoop. And then they want to turn around and blame everything on the white man. Slavery ended one hundred and thirty seven years ago. Move the **** on!

**** the corrupt cops with their anus violating plungers and their 41 shots, standing behind a blue wall of silence. You betray our trust!

**** the priests who put their hands down some innocent child's pants. **** the church that protects them, delivering us into evil. And while you're at it, **** JC! He got off easy! A day on the cross, a weekend in hell, and all the hallelujahs of the legioned angels for eternity! Try seven years in ****in Otisville, Jay!

**** Osama Bin Laden, Alqueda, and backward-ass, cave-dwelling, fundamentalist *******s everywhere. On the names of innocent thousands murdered, I pray you spend the rest of eternity with your seventy-two whores roasting in a jet-fueled fire in hell. You towel headed camel jockeys can kiss my royal, Irish ass!
    [pong][shadow]Why won\'t anyone give me greenies???[/shadow] [/pong]

Blame It On The Bossa Nova
    George Carlin

They try to blame movies and TV for violence in America. What a load of ****. Long before there were movies and television, Americans killed millions of Indians, slaughtered 700,000 of each other in a family feud, and attained the highest murder rate in history. Don't blame Sylvester Stallone . We brought these horrifying genes with us from Europe, and then we gave them our own special twist. American know-how!

Violent American movies like Die Hard, Terminator, and Lethal Weapon do very well in places like Canada, Japan, and Europe. Very well. Yet these places do not have nearly the violence of the United States. In 1989, in all of Japan, with a population of 150 million, there were 754 murders. In New York City that year, with a population of only 7.5 million, there were 2,300. It's bred in the bone. Movies and television don't make you violent; all they do is channel the violence more creatively.

Americans even manage to turn positive experiences into violence. Like sports championships. In Detroit, in 1990, the Pistons won the NBA Championship; eight people dead. The Chicago Bulls, 1993: nine shot, 1,000 arrested. Montreal, the Canadiens, 1993: 170 injured, 47 police cars vandalized, and $10 million in damages. I'm glad it's happened in a place like Montreal, so these bigoted **** stains who call in on sports-talk shows can't blame it all on the blacks.

I could mention plenty of things that contribute to violence. One is simply the condition of being violent; the predisposition. Everyone knows this is a cranky species. It's especially well known among the other species. And most people can see that the paticular strain of critter found in America is especially prone to graceless outbursts, being, as we are, a collection of all the strange and restless castoffs and rolling stones who proved such an ill fit back home. God bless them all, and give them all the guns they want.

Two other things that contribute to violence are religion and government, because they seek to repress and regulate natural impulses like sex and self-gratification. Of course, the two of them will always try to scapegoat movies and television. The truth is, no one knows enough or cares enough to stop the real violence, so their answer is to tone down the pretend violence. It's superstition: "Maybe if we tone down the pretend violence, the real violence will go away. Or not seem so bad."

And maybe the father who forbids his son to watch violent television will not beat the **** out of him when he disobeys.

United Kingdom: Bridlington

I shall challenge you back....................please read The Constitution of the United States of America..................start with the First and go on down?

It maybe time to "go back to basics"

Good Luck

Okay.. this thread seems dead so I'll drop in another Edward Norton quote from American History X, sorry about the mistakes, wasn't typed by me:

"Alright listen up! We need to open our eyes. There is over two millions illegal immigrants bedding down in the state tonight. The state spent three billions dollars last year on services for those people who had no right to be here in the first place. Three billions dollars. 400 millions dollars just to lock up a bunch of illegal immigrant criminals who only got in this country because the ****ing INS decided it's not worth the effort to scream for convicted felons.

Who gives a ****? Our government doesn't gave a ****. Our border policy is a joke! So is anybody surprised that those at the south of the border are laughing at us, laughing at our laws. Every night thousand of these parasites stream across the border like some ****ing pinata bodies.

Don't laugh! They're nothing funny going on here this is about your life and mine. It's about decent hard-working Americans falling into the cracks and getting the shaft because their government cares more about the constitutional rights of a bunch of people who aren't even citizens in this country.

On the Statue of Liberty it says: "Give me your tired, your hungry, your poor." Well, it's Americans who are tired and hungry and poor. And I say, until you take care of that, close the ****ing book. 'Cause we're losing. We're losing our rights to pursue our destiny. We're losing our freedom. So that a bunch of ****ing foreigners can come in here and exploit our country. And this isn't something that's going on far away. This isn't something that's happening places we can't do anything about it. It's happening right here, right in our neighborhood, right in that building behind you.

Arthur Mill ran this store since we were kids here. Dave worked there, Mike worked there. He went under and now some ****ing Korean's who fired these guys and he's making a killing 'cause he's hired forty ****ing border-jumpers. I see this **** going on and I don't see anyone doing anything about it. And it ****ing pisses me off. So look around you. This isn't our ****ing neighborhood, it's a battle field. We are on a battle field tonight. Make a decision. Are we gonna stand on the sidelines quietly standing there while our country gets rape? Are we gonna entite up and do something about it? You're god damn right we are. "

PS. I've attached a .zip with a .doc fiile in it with some more quotes from AHX...
    [pong][shadow]Why won\'t anyone give me greenies???[/shadow] [/pong]