Thread: Errors on modem driver.

Errors on modem driver.

Hi, I'm new to the site and a newbie on linux. I have this small problem getting my modem to work so linux can detect it. My modem is PCTEL Platinum V.90. I went through the whole process of installing the driver. After installing the driver, pctel-0.9.6, it gave me two errors. Here are the errors:

/bin/sh: Line1:depmod:command not found
    make[2]: *** [install-exec-local]Error 127
    make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/Snake/pctel-09.6/modules'
    make[1]: *** [install-am]Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/Snake/pctel-0.9.6/modules'
    make *** [install recursive]Error 1

Everything went well until I got these errors (BTW I'm running RedHat 8.0 ). From here I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I will apreciate it if someone can help me out.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: Errors on modem driver.

Originally posted here by BabyNet
    Hi, I'm new to the site and a newbie on linux. I have this small problem getting my modem to work so linux can detect it. My modem is PCTEL Platinum V.90. I went through the whole process of installing the driver. After installing the driver, pctel-0.9.6, it gave me two errors. Here are the errors:

/bin/sh: Line1:depmod:command not found
    make[2]: *** [install-exec-local]Error 127
    make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/Snake/pctel-09.6/modules'
    make[1]: *** [install-am]Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/Snake/pctel-0.9.6/modules'
    make *** [install recursive]Error 1

Everything went well until I got these errors (BTW I'm running RedHat 8.0 ). From here I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I will apreciate it if someone can help me out.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
    The best that I can come up with at present is this link for PCTEL modem on linux

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/pctel-linux/

It also gives links to other sites that may be of help. If you do a Google search of the individual errors, you will turn up lots of archive material. A long way round but worth trying. Check out Linux forums for similar errors. As a last resort, get yourself an external modem

I was at that site before (don't know why I missed the instructions). I was also wondering if there was another way (other than buying a new external modem) to make the driver work without "forcing to install the modules"? I didn't want to have "unresolved symbols" on my linux. But I'll try it out anyways. Thank you, Jim459.