Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AntiOnline Quick Form Released(testing)

Kwiep
    I love perl like one can love beer...

almost...
    Double Dutch

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Although no software expert, I would be prepared to run and test code, and provide results, along with screen dumps etc.
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

I've only seen a few opinions on this. Would everyone like us to have a "code review forum"?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Aye
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Yes, it would be very useful!
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

A code review forum would be nice, although in the past i have used the Addicts forum with this purpose, I guess with the intent of limiting some of the more silly responses. Would be pretty interesting to have some people tear apart my scripts...

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Yes, in fact, not only will code writers benefit, but people new to programming languages can see real world examples, both good and bad, on creation and execution.

I posted a PERL script the other day and by the end of the day, it was modified and had some features added. I now use the modified version of my script (thanks to Nebulus2000 for adding switches to my script). I find this to be very useful as I don't have a large pool of people who can really pan through scripts to identify issues or enhancements. Also, if enough good scripts are created and posted, there could be an AO custom toolz forum/ftp site established. Here we go....dreaming of big ideas...

I know a site feature like this would certainly draw more people here. So then, will we see this forum created soon ?
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

that would be grate. Someone posts a code and another person see a flaw or an easier way of writting this code. Leave their suggestion and the writter will review them. This will allow the writter to edit his post, change his code if he feels he needs to do so. After a few people do so AO will become a great archive of almost perfect codes.
    AntiOnline Quick Forum Version 2b Click Here

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    A code review forum would be nice, although in the past i have used the Addicts forum with this purpose, I guess with the intent of limiting some of the more silly responses. Would be pretty interesting to have some people tear apart my scripts...
    That brings up an interesting question. Should it be an earned site benefit?
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

this tropical sun is getting to me.. gotta get back to OZ.. before I go tropo....

Back on topic.. YEs handy Idea.. this mug may start to learn something again..

Cheers

edit:

That brings up an interesting question. Should it be an earned site benefit?
    interesting question.. I had a thought that it would be best under Newbie Help.. rather than general tech.. but as a site benefit..hmm may need a bit of discussion..
    We want good peer review..but not the a$$holes.. site benefit suites the later.. but kills the newbies who are great coders.. last thing we need is some one spamming the board just to be able to get into a particular forum.... Certainly not a invitation only forum.... thats my .02 + .05c worth

cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr