Thread: Bandwidth Limitations for Individual IPs

Bandwidth Limitations for Individual IPs

I just finished up setting up a LAN where I would like to limit bandwidth on individual PC's running Windows XP. The router will not support such function, and it's not possible to put a Linux box between the bandwidth controlled sections and the uncontrolled sections. Is anyone aware of any programs that will limit the amount of data sent from a box running XP by day or something similar?

If your looking for a free method, the best way would be to install linux, and look into CBQ.

--Pure www.pureescape.net
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

Thanks for the replies but I was looking for some software I can install on that individual box. My apologies for not making that clear.

now I am confused.. what is it about the bandwidth controller that's not acceptable ?

I'm assuming this:

A single copy of the software is $49.95 US. For larger orders please contact us at sales@bandwidthcontroller.com or use our contact form.
    [pong][shadow]Why won\'t anyone give me greenies???[/shadow] [/pong]

I'm fine with paying for it, I didn't until now notice that could limit traffic on individual interfaces. I'll play with the trial version, thanks for the recommendations.