Thread: Can I resolve it ?

Can I resolve it ?

I have a trouble that I recive many many mails every day.I know it's due to a virus called "swen".I am sure there is no virus on my pc.On my mail server the virus was found by Symantec antiverus.But I can't hold it ,now I still receive the virus mail every day!I had used many virus removal tool , it is useless!

MY mail server configuration
    windows 2000 server(sp3+IE6)+exchange server 2000+ trend scanmail for exchange+symantec server8.0

what should I do? Help me! thand u in advance!

I have a trouble that I recive many many mails every day.
    If you are getting email that your anti-virus indicates is infected with the swen virus (and I hope for your sake it is cleaning that email); and, your email server is clean and protected, then the problem isn't on your email server or your workstation. You are receiving email from another host that is infected, and the email you receive may be "spoofed." That means that what is in the From: line isn't where the mail actually originated.

My system quarrantines or deletes approximately 200 or more items per day that are infected with one thing or another.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted here by rapier57

If you are getting email that your anti-virus indicates is infected with the swen virus (and I hope for your sake it is cleaning that email); and, your email server is clean and protected, then the problem isn't on your email server or your workstation. You are receiving email from anoth
    Thank you! Maybe you are right.The virus mail attachment indicates that it had been cleaned by Scanmail. But how can I refuse the spam mail? It's too annoying that I see so many spam mails when I open my outlook express every morning!

I had received the mails below:
    Addresser: Net Email Delivery Service Recipient: Inet Recipient
    Subjet: Bug Advice

I'm sorry the message returned below could not be delivered to the following addresses:

Undelivered mail to bmlsds@yahoo.net

Message follows:

Other mails are " Ms Security services" patchs.

I'm not really familiar with Exchange 2000, so this function might be included in the package...
    BUT, in my Exchange 5.5 server (yeah I know...5.5 yuck!), we use email Antigen to run quarantines on files, deny files, and host names as well...If you get a good antigen, you can run stats and find out where things are mostly coming from, and once you know that, then you can begin to build the antigen rules.

[edit]
    Another thing to ensure, now that I just thought about it...make sure your telnet services are off on the email server, as this could be used to spoof email hosts via SMTP.
    Creating further mindless stupidity....through mindless automation.

Originally posted here by disc0rd
    I'm not really familiar with Exchange 2000, so this function might be included in the package...
    Thank you for your posting.
    The telnet service had been stopped. It's a puzzle that the virus mail "mail from" is different address in different mail. So I can't creat quarantines rules about these mails

Old Fart
    To your SPAM problem... www.mailwasher.net has a wonderful product called mailwasher. It has a plugin for outlook express and will keep your inbox nice and clean.

As for the virus....it never hurts to try scanning with a different AV program...my copy of AVG ( www.grisoft.com ) has caught several things that Norton AV and McAfee have missed.

Just my .02.....
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Good idea, Must try that!
    [gloworange]Thor Valø[/gloworange]
    74 68 65 65 6f 6e

Thank you! I'll try with Mailwasher. But I think the key of my problem is that there are virus that are sending to others besides me with my account! Where is the virus? It's really on other machine?