Thread: Display Settings

Display Settings

Dear Ones:
    Is there any way to change the display setting of the monitor to 720 X 576 like 800 X 600 pixels, please advice

regards
    prem

While I don't have any direct answer for you, I do believe some more info would be needed before anyone can answer it directly...

Like:
    - what operating system you're using
    - what type of video card you're using

I would guess would be needed at a minimum to answer this...

RRP

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: Display Settings

Originally posted here by premshamo
    Dear Ones:
    Is there any way to change the display setting of the monitor to 720 X 576 like 800 X 600 pixels, please advice

regards
    prem
    Check out the properties of your video adapter, it will list modes available, but I would think it is unlikely that the resolution you are after will be listed. Are you trying to do some work on video capture?, if so check out Google on that resolution

Windows NT & SIS video card

rigth click on the desktop, then click on properties, after that a box saying Display properties is going to apear look in the tabs for Settings and down ther you can change the resolution, and don't forget to press applay

see in the setting or if ur diplay card does not support the resolution change the card

On your display properties you can change your resolution, you might find more options when u change your settings to 16bit , 32 bit or 256 colors.

Hi,

AFAIK your video card will come with preset resolutions, so setting anything inbetween is not possible via the normal "settings options".

The first thing I would look at is the CD that came with the video card, to see if there are any advanced tools on it, that a normal installation would not download?

You might then visit the videocard manufacturer's website to look for something similar?

You might be able to set custom resolutions within a program, as I believe that some games do, but you will have difficulty with standard videocards because the Manufacturers are trying to avoid helpdesk calls, and limit your options?

Why do you want to do this? It seems a strange request, given that display sizes are standard, and resolution options are there to support standard displays.

Cheers