Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nortel Switch - Password Recovery

Originally posted here by KosherLinuxBeef
    i would recommend that you kill yourself, because you are pretty much screwed for the rest of your life
    And this comment helps HTRegz......how?

If you got something to add, be my guest, if not, keep the smartass remarks to yourself.

Cheers:
    DjM

450-24T / SW 3.1.0.22 / FW 1.47

I was wondering if anyone had figured out how to reset a 450-24t running SW 3.1.x. I was given a few of these (Local hospital upgrading their equipment) and it seems as though they weren't factory reset. I've tried the NetICs and ctrl-c methods to no avail. Interestingly enough I do have rw SNMP access, but when I uploaded the config to my tftp server it looked like it was in a binary format. I ran strings on it, and it only saw a bunch of stuff for the ports. I also did a snmpwalk, but none of the string OIDs came up with anything helpful, just some MAC Addresses.

Anything else I'm missing? They all have cascade ports installed, I was hoping to find one switch that had been reset but so far no dice.

Thanks in advance

Well, I found that only 2 or so of them were running 3.1, and the rest are all SW version 2, and set to defaults. Unfortunately, it seems like the SW version 2 switches don't see the version 3's in the cascades, so I can't reset them. And I guess nortel requires you to purchase a support contract to get access to the newer software versions? Such a shame, especially considering they're EOL'd now.

Oh, I know the posts are pretty close together -- I thought I'd hit submit a few hours ago, and just now realized I was still on the preview page.

Do either of you by any chance have access to another Baystack 450?

Man I just now saw this. I have 450's all over the place.

By default the com port is not secured. Straight through cable

none
    hardware

username and password "nortel" all lower case. From there you can change the other level passwords
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Quote Originally Posted by dinowuff
    Man I just now saw this. I have 450's all over the place.

By default the com port is not secured. Straight through cable

none
    hardware

username and password "nortel" all lower case. From there you can change the other level passwords
    That actually worked for the version 3's that were locked. Got them all up to 4.1.0.6, which was the latest I could find, now to see if I can make them do anything interesting

Thanks