invisible Win32 VNC server
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: invisible Win32 VNC server

Banned

invisible Win32 VNC server

I'm looking for:

1) console-based Windows screen capture program that when executed, saves a screenshot to hd

2) win32 "invisible" VNC server that runs in background (as NT service?)

TIA
    Share on Google+

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I'm looking for:

1) A fool who asks a question like this after reading the site disclaimer.

2) A fool who will give you this information after reading the post.

No problem. Glad to help.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden
    Share on Google+

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Duplicate thread deleted.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage
    Share on Google+

Can I hide the taskbar icon created by the Windows VNC Server?
    No, not without changing and recompiling the source code. We feel that there would be few legitimate uses of VNC where you would need to conceal its operation. However, there might be occasions where you would not want the user of the server machine to be able to adjust the WinVNC settings, password, etc, so there is 'restricted' mode where the icon is still visible, but the menu options normally available from it will be disabled. See the advanced settings in the Windows VNC Server documentation.
    from RealVnc.com
    Share on Google+

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    There are *much* better ways, Th3Entrophy. If you want to know the full stealth way to run VNC, PM me and I'll give you the details.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Originally posted here by thehorse13
    There are *much* better ways, Th3Entrophy. If you want to know the full stealth way to run VNC, PM me and I'll give you the details.

err, let me get this straight, i created a new thread to get my question answered and you offer someone who replied the answer in private?

i truly am flabbergasted.
    Share on Google+

1) do a search for screencap.exe

2) radmin can be started from the cmd line and has a switch to keep it from showing in the task bar

this is a security site from the keeping side of the fence not the breaking. you can expect to be treated poorly by system admins if you ask these kinds of question without explaining you need for this info.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Originally posted here by Tedob1
    2) radmin can be started from the cmd line and has a switch to keep it from showing in the task bar
    radmin looks like a Yet Another Lame win32 Trojan.

found another way. Using winvnc.exe from the TightVNC runtime only archive and passing it parameters to make it install as a service and creating a config.reg file for the settings (password,port,etc)

Originally posted here by Tedob1
    this is a security site from the keeping side of the fence not the breaking. you can expect to be treated poorly by system admins if you ask these kinds of question without explaining you need for this info.
    the need? installing it on 400+ haxed Win2k university workstations.

next time rather than post a message to get my newbish win32 question answered quickly, i'll do the research myself. or maybe i'll stick own'ing nix boxen?

windoze is one big headache(tm)
    Share on Google+

Todd.miles,
    It is the way you ask the questions that caught you so much flack. I think that people are doubting your intentions. I can't say as I blame them. I doubt them too.

That statement from RealVNC is crap. It is extremely easy to remove the icon and run it in stealth mode. I think they just throw that up there to detour mischief.
    Sysmin Sys73m47ic
    -The Hacker Pimps
    -Development Team {FuxorWRT}
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=563
    Share on Google+

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Is it just me, or is it halloween?

I thought it was only witches, wizaeds and ghosts that come out at this time of year.... Guess we have to add Skiddies to the list.... Kewl.... New decorations for the front yard.... Logfiles!!!!!
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides
    Share on Google+