Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Creation Vs Evolution

Can you not still see where I have placed my quotation marks ?

As for the reference as I have pointed it our before ....
    That reference below sounds awfully familiar ....
    Science, Philosophy and Religion, A Symposium, published by the Conference on Science, Philosophy and Religion in Their Relation to the Democratic Way of Life, Inc., New York, 1941
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

lets look at waht was said in that confrence by Enistine.

For science can only ascertain what is, but not what should be, and outside of its domain value judgments of all kinds remain necessary. Religion, on the other hand, deals only with evaluations of human thought and action: it cannot justifiably speak of facts and relationships between facts. According to this interpretation the well-known conflicts between religion and science in the past must all be ascribed to a misapprehension of the situation which has been described. For example, a conflict arises when a religious community insists on the absolute truthfulness of all statements recorded in the Bible. This means an intervention on the part of religion into the sphere of science; this is where the struggle of the Church against the doctrines of Galileo and Darwin belongs.
    seems he speeks directly on the creation/evelution topic there....sounds to me like its proeveolution.

moreover yourt entire argument along these lines if faulty, even if enstine was a devout fallower of judaism (which he wasn't) that wouldn't preclude him form acepting science. More over one can be a christian, and a very holy christian and accept the facts of eveolution, or do you not consider the pope a christian?

Originally posted here by bballad
    lets look at waht was said in that confrence by Enistine.

seems he speeks directly on the creation/evelution topic there....sounds to me like its proeveolution.

moreover yourt entire argument along these lines if faulty, even if enstine was a devout fallower of judaism (which he wasn't) that wouldn't preclude him form acepting science. More over one can be a christian, and a very holy christian and accept the facts of eveolution, or do you not consider the pope a christian?
    Oh and guess what man has now created life from base proteans.
    http://rn01.rednova.com/news/stories.../story007.html
    I guess it can happen.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Personally, the quote placement mechanics does not matter. The quote was used in a context that makes it seem that a prominent scientist, such as Albert Einstein, is in alignment with god. That is not true, but only quoting a specific line makes it seem so. In regard to a scientific debate, when applied to creationism vs. evolution; saying someone such as Albert is religious lends significant persuasion to those with little understanding of science. Not using text before and after the quote changes it's meaning and is misleading for a sole purpose of using it to justify a position. It happens all the time in every corner of world communication. Many times, people spouting such quotes never read an original document and continue to propagate fallacy. That is my criticism.

It is easy to orient a position and use wording to confuse a reader into accepting one’s point of view.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

What I think of the creation vs. evolution argument-

Why would it be important for someone to convince another of a higher power? I would think a creationist would want to share the same positive feelings faith brings with an evolutionist, kind of like "saving someone".
    Why would it be important for someone to convince another that there is no higher power? Obviously, because its easy to think that someone that believes in a religion is crazy, and they need to be proven wrong.

Why I don't argue against evolution-

It's not important. What is important is that people see how I live out my life, so that they can use me as an example to fill the gaps in their own. Evolutionists typically need to see to believe- So my theory is, watch me and believe.

There are things you were meant to comprehend, and things you weren't. If you believe in the teachings of Christ, maybe you should start studying the parts of the bible where he actually speaks. You can find a lot better advice, and a lot more fulfillment that way.

LINUX RULES!

Originally posted here by Soda_Popinsky
    What I think of the creation vs. evolution argument-

Why would it be important for someone to convince another that there is no higher power? Obviously, because its easy to think that someone that believes in a religion is crazy, and they need to be proven wrong.

this bit is where you are mistaken, a lot of people who believe in a highre power aslo understand that evelution is how we got to where we are and accept that biology is corrrect. Or is the Pope and millinos of catholics atheasit in your oppinion?

You are right, I believe in a higher power, and also evolution and biology. My sentence was not as specific as you interpreted it- some people just cant accept the idea of a god, so they argue for the big bang and evolution theory. And are the pope and catholics atheist? I dont understand how you pulled that from my post, please explain...

the pope made a statment a few years back (not an infalibul statement but one step below) stateing that the church accepted the theroy of eveolution as the origins of life and the big bange as the origins of the universe. I took your initial statement to mean that anyone who ebleived in god couldn't accept eveolution. The pope dose both.

"Basic Differences between Romanism and Bible Christianity"
    http://www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp?ArtKey=rome_diffs

There's one simple answer to this argument , when we pass away we will find out all the answers to our questions. Simple as that. We may not like the answers that we get but it's that simple ...

When one asks many brilliant scientist "Does it take intelligence to create intelligence ?" why would they answer by saying "no" ?
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Hmmm, I didn't know the rest of Christianity held Catholics in such low esteem. I could rip that article to shreds but I won't because my mother is a devout Catholic who loves her church and my brother is a devout Protestant who loves his. Christians can't even worship Christ and the bible without fighting and spewing hatred toward one another why do I want to add to that?

So some day man will create intelligent life. All the knowledge from across the millennia is a product of MAN and he, as a species of biological chemical reactions, will figure out how to make something mechanical that resembles the biological process. Does it take intelligence to create intelligence? Thinking in cognitive terms outside of evolution theories, I would say that is not only a yes but I would add that intelligence could never create intelligence that is smarter than the creator. If it was possible, it would be purely by accident or byproduct. Most pivotal discoveries of man are and have been by accident. I am definitely curious to find out which "prominent scientists" have said "no" and how they explained it. Or was that just a rhetorical statement? I don't think you would find anyone who doesn't realize the rare "miracle" that evolution was back in the early days. Even though the components we are made of are vastly common in the universe - chance of something coming "alive" is extreme.

But we will all know someday. I'll either decay away and return my particles to the cosmos, or beam up to another dimension through a lighted gateway or tunnel and meet everyone I have ever known or read about in a lounge filled with angels and all things good, or teleport to another dimension and burn in a nasty place for eternity and meet all the bad people of the world because I didn't believe in Santa Claus, I mean Jesus. And all the people I loved and were kind too will never see me again. In fact this life is just a test and insignificant because the real life begins upon beam up. I will never die and no matter how good or bad this life is, the next one is better (or worse). I am merely in transition between death, eternal life or eternal damnation. My only weakness is the intelligence god himself gave me. For that “gift” I could be already preprogrammed to spend eternity in Hades, by his own hand and his own plan.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

and burn in a nasty place for eternity and meet all the bad people of the world because I didn't believe in Santa Claus,
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.