Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aclu

Aclu

Who thinks the ACLU sucks? Like always, if you don't think they do, get a life.

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Dont even know what the aclu is.

Now, where did I leave my life.
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Re: Aclu

Originally posted here by clintonsucks
    Who thinks the ACLU sucks? Like always, if you don't think they do, get a life.
    Hmmm... I dont. They fight for all peoples basic rights. They dont care if you are gay, black, white, indian or if you are rich or poor. They are even more important in today's times, when our government would love to take away all our rights in the name of "Fighting Terrorism." Without groups like the ACLU, we would of had a 1984 sort of government years ago.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Figures a rightwinnger is in favor of no personal freedom, and letteing the state decide his entire life. Sorry but I for one will keep my freedom, the ACLU helps me protect that (you do relise that they have defended the KKK and neonazi groups right to asembal and speak?). Go to isrial or Iran if you want to live in a facist theocracy leave my country out of your insanity.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Mr Clintonsucks

I shall tell you one more time...........that was Monica Lewinsky. Gravity is a myth...the Earth sucks.....and when are you going to give us Limeys a clue as to what you are saying?.....hey WWI, WWII, Korea, Gulf War I, Gulf WarII...............we might actually be "allies"

Definition of "allies"......................."two thieves with their hands so deeply in eachother's pockets, that they cannot independently plunder a third"

Seriously though, Clinton.................we are an International forum....all these initials and stuff you guys use? ....cut us some slack and at least give a link to what you want us to see..........if you were any good at politics, you would realise that if I Google.......I might find the oppositions viewpoint??????????????????

Please think about it (remember, my senior field operative is close to you)

Cheers

nihil,

The ACLU is the American Civil Liberties Union, a big problem for the US and not so much for England. If you want to se all the bogus crap that they are doing, look here:

www.aclu.org

But in a nut shell, they are the ones suing to ban the pledge of allegance in schools because it contains the word God. They are planning to sue because they don't want partial birth abortions to be banned. They have sued the state of Ohio because they don't like capital punnishment. See a patern? They are the fascists, who want everyone to agree with them or else get a lawyer.

On the plus side, they have helped out our economy. Because of them, the sales of red-colored tape has increased dramatically

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    On the same token they have sued AND defended the Boy Scouts. They sued and a KKK chapter was allowed to adopt a highway and get credit for it.

They are there, sometimes they do good, sometimes they do bad and sometimes you have to scratch your head and try to figure it out.

Republican, with a government that has foisted Patriot Act 1 and 2 on us, I'm kind of glad that they'll be there to fight PA #3.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

ACLU

We would be better off without those people.
    =

fourdc said:

They are there, sometimes they do good, sometimes they do bad and sometimes you have to scratch your head and try to figure it out.
    True, but the bad that they do far outweighs the good in my opinion. Just look at their site, and you'll see how ridiculous they can get. I agree with their stance on the patriot act, but that is about as far as my support goes.

Originally posted here by fourdc
    On the same token they have sued AND defended the Boy Scouts. They sued and a KKK chapter was allowed to adopt a highway and get credit for it.

Republican, with a government that has foisted Patriot Act 1 and 2 on us, I'm kind of glad that they'll be there to fight PA #3.
    I would argue that nothing they do makes one scratch their head, they fight to keep the goverment out of my proivet life, they fight to keep goverment from useing religion as a tool of opresion, they fight for anyones freedom of speach, all of their lawsuits are about the propagation of freedom....I guess that is why republicans hate them so much.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?