i am just a poor boy.
    though my story's seldom told,
    i have squandered my resistance
    for a pocket full of mumbles, such are promises
    all lies and jest
    still a man hears what he wants to hear
    and disregards the rest.
    http://sozluk.sourtimes.org/show.asp?t=the+boxer
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

This is an age old debate. Who will win who knows. I guess will find out in the end, but untill then i think that whatever people believe is there belief and if thats what they truly believe then believe it to the end and dont let me change it. maybe thats just my byast opion

I am in no way trying to offend anyone. What ever you want to believe is up to you . Everything makes choices and whatever choice you make is up to you...
    But here's a little more reading if you are interested ::

Events of Creation ( Confirmed by science )

1] Heavenly Bodies created (Genesis 1:1) --- The earth was initially covered with a thick layer of gas and dust "not allowing light" to "penetrate". This is probably a standard condition of planets of the earth's mass and temperatures. The initial conditions described in the Bible are accepted by science: Dark, formless and void.
    2] Let their be light ( Genesis 3:1) --- The atmosphere became translucent to allow some light to reach the surface of the water --- a critical prerequisite for the introduction of life (and) the process of photosynthesis.
    3] Development of hydrologic cycle (Genesis 1:6) --- The "perfect" conditions of temperature, pressure, and distance from the sun would allow all forms of H20 ( ice, liquid, and vapor) -- all necessary for life.
    4] Formation of land and sea ( Genesis 1:9,10) --- Siesmic and volcanic activity occur in the precise proportion to allow 30% of the surface to become and remain land. Scientists have determined this is the ideal ratio to promote the greatest complexity of life_forms..
    5] Creation of vegetation (Genesis 1:11) --- Light, water , and large amouts of carbon dioxide set the stage for vegetation. This was the first life-form.
    6] Atmosphere transparency ( Genesis 1:14) --- Plants gradually produced oxygen to a level of 21%. This ( and other factors) caused a transparent atmosphere to form and permitted lights in the heavens to become visible at the surface of the earth... marking day and night and seasons.
    7] Creation of small sea animals and birds ( Genesis 1:20) --- Scientists agree these were the first animal life-forms of all classes discussed in the Bible.
    8] Creation of land animals ( Genesis 1:24) --- The final life-forms prior to man were created: quadrupeds and rodents.
    9] Creation of man (Genesis 1:26) --- Final life creation appearing on earth.
    10] No additional Creation (Genesis 2:2) --- No unique creation has occurred since ..

Think about this::: THE WORLDS MOST BRILLIANT SCIENTISTS FROM A VARIETY OF FIELDS ARE OUT THERE WORKING HARD EVERYDAY TO TRY AND CREATE LIFE. YET THESE SAME BRILLIANT SCIENTISTS, DENY THAT IT TAKES INTELLENGE TO CREATE INTELLENGE. NOW THAT IS TOTAL CONTRADICTION ... JUST THINK ABOUT THAT FOR AWHILE.... TELL ME IS THAT STATEMENT RIGHT OR WRONG ??
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Negative you do have some good points. Humm maybe you should read these ..

http://www.trueorigin.org/steiger.asp (Thermodynamics vs Evolution)
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/3810.asp (Evolution, Creation, and Thermodynamics)
    http://www.carbon-dating.net/ ( Carbon Dating )
    http://www.pathlights.com/ce_encyclopedia/06dat3.htm ( Some more carbon dating info )
    http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/carbondating.html ( this one is very interesting )

REAL science is always searching, using facts... not "should have beens", "could of's", and "maybe so" of the Evolution Religion.

quote:: Darwin didn't invent the evolutionary worldview. He simply brought something new to the old philosophy: a plausible mechanism called "natural selection." In his Origin of Species, Darwin proposed natural selection as the mechanism by which all life could have descended from a common ancestor (Darwin defined evolution as "descent with modification"). However, today we know that natural selection is a deficient mechanism, even in light of genetic mutation. In fact, with the tremendous advances we've made in molecular biology, biochemistry and genetics over the past fifty years, Darwin's theory has become "A THEORY IN CRISIS."
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Old Fart
    Genesis 2:7
    And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 3:19
    In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Sound crazy to you? If so, then maybe you should go read this.

My apologies to the non-believers out there, but as time goes on and science marches forward more and more evidence presents itself in a way that backs up what the good book says.

BTW, those of you who have seen my replies to this subject in the past should know that I am comfortable with BOTH evolution and creationism because of my views concerning God and his existence OUTSIDE of the linear timestream as we know it.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

I debated on whether I wanted to dive into this one or not.

Certain of my ancestors have been on the North American continent very much longer than the 6,000 to 10,000 years allowed by the strict interpretation of Genesis (or some of the more recent interpretations, anyway). And, no, I do not subscribe to the currently accepted migration patterns popular among the mainstream anthropologists. I think human life originated in the Americas (Turtle Island) and migrated to the rest of the world. This theory is sometimes call American Genesis. I believe that archeological and anthropological study on the American continents (if it is ever done to the degree it should) will bear this out, eventually.

Certain other of my ancestors were seeking glory in battle, and an afterlife of fighting and mead in Odin's halls long before the flood epic of Noah. This is probably why the Honda Valkyrie calls to me so sweetly, and is to hard to resist.

I'm a Christian, but I've never taken the Old Testament Book of Genesis as the verbatim word of God. It was good oral tradition from a small, feisty tribe that was translated to text (relatively recent from a historical perspective), with symbolism and allegory to illustrate and enhance a tale of creation, but that's about as far as I'm willing to buy it. For those of you who will yell and scream at me that I'm not really a Christian for making this statement, well, look into your own souls first.

As for the Creationist/Evolutionist argument, I feel it is just an excuse for radical minorities (on both sides, mind you) to foist their agendas, beliefs and dogma into the public arena. The arguments are also Euro-centric and white-centric. They are, essentially, arguments without solution--or un-winnable. On the one hand, you have to die to get to the truth. On the other, we don't live long enough to really evaluate the theories.

So, they are arguments for the sake of arguments, and nothing more.

adiz > your view and evolutionism do not contradict, nor do they exclude eachother.
    Evolutionism does not speak about the beginning of things, it only speaks about the evolution of things (doh). Evolutionary proof is too overwhelming to deny it (just think about the average length of a person nowadays compared to the average length of a person 50 years ago... that is evolution). Not to mention that all living creatures have the same building blocks (DNA).
    I truly find it hard to believe that man has evolved from a lower form. It doesn't make sence, why then wouldn't those 'lower forms still be turning into humans'? (I am honestly asking because I have never heard or read an explanation and I am sure there is one).

I love control, not like Hitler friekish control, but I like being in control of things (i.e. computer, my destiny and such) that is why evolutions seems so normal. It seems logical they have supposad facts and it seems as though it could happen. However, I once again am going back to philosophy and to the unmoved mover. If evolution was to happen it had to start by something and even if the big bang happened something had to start the universe so, you can keep going as far back yet I believe there is an 'umoved mover.' If you look at how our history was formed you see how professor and authors take bits and pieces of the Bible of their liking and use them in the text (only if it backs there points) and it makes it hard to believe that they would add 'fake' storied to dress up some facts.

So in conclusion I like computers because you are in control, anything you want to do with them you can almost always figure out a way. However, I don't know how I was created or how my ancestors were. I feel if you use part of something you should use the whole thing (I am talking about the Bible).

Adiz

However, we could be one giant computer program.....Hmmmmm........

True adiz some people do just pick out pieces and bits of the Bible that they find appealing to them. But those people are quickly shut. Since they have trouble backing it up. As for evolution they do the same as well always using old facts and never taking into considerating the advances in Science. Evolutinists always seem to run around the corner when they know that they are wrong. They always seem to have a really hard time admitting that they are wrong. I have another question would you guys think it to be wrong if they allowed Creationism to be taught along side Evolution in Public Schools ? Since both Canada and the USA like to brag about how great of a free country they both are. I personally do think that Creationism should be taught aswell it would really give people something to talk about. I think that it would allow for some really good debates amongst students and their teachers.
    What do you guys think ...

That's also very true adiz I bet if you were to do a poll most people love the choice of been in control of their life. No one really wants to die and then find out that they are gonna be judge for all their misdeeds and sins that they committed on earth. I guess that choosing to be in control over your life is in a way the easy way out. But in the end if you think about it there's only to paths' one on your left and one on your right. You cant be in between because you will eventually hit a fork between the the road and then it's up to you to choose which way you wanna go. In the long run it's your choice. That's whay separates us from animals were unique. If you really look all around you. Look at the stars, the sky, the trees, the sun you would really have to ask your self the question. "Did all of this really happen by pure chance or was all this created by someone with great power and a purpose in mind ?" Also most people think that we are the most advanced civilization just because we have computers, cars, airplanes.. But if you really think about it.. All this knowledge that we have is knowledge that has been gathered by greater civilizations then ours.. Romans,Greeks, Egyptians .. They created some pretty amazing stuff ... Just look at the pyramids, Maya Ruins, Telescope, Roads, Archways ... To believe that all this great structures built by men which men came from just pure random chance ... Naw I dont buy that ...
    Operation Cyberslam
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

i believe in evolution
    yes ur forefathers were monkey
    Sometimes realitys are dreams we cannot live in.... (as my bst fren says) [/shadow]