Thread: System Restore Problems

System Restore Problems

I just restored my system using the XP restore, but I cant access my internet now. Is this a common issue? How do I fix it?

-It is I, me-

No its not a common issue...

what is the error that gets displayed when you try to connect?

http://www.antionline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=249524

Do me a favor when you try to use IE look in the Bottom right corner and tell me if you see something like

res//C:\\system32\window\****\someother stuff.

Sorry I can remember the thing by heart.

Now you should be getting the Server can not be found message with that.

Now one other thing have you recently unistalled Kazaa?

Now as for not being able to access the net after a System restore, No I have never had that happen. Hum... What date did you restore it to.

Come on throw me a bone here you didn't give any info. Why did you do a system restore?

<Enter Cheesy Game Show Host Voice>
    This and many other questions will be yours. Tell him what's he's won Johnny.

Well he has won an all exclusive vacation back to his computer to get the rest of the info.

But wait there's more. If he comes back with more info we will be able to help.
    </Enter Cheesy Game Show Host Voice>

Yeah I need to know more to be able to help. Unless someone else can think of something that I didn't or didn't know.

You may have to reload the drivers for your modem card or NIC I would go to the control panel and open up the device manager and look at the status for the device that you have in your computer if it has a yellow Exclamation mark beside it then that means that you will have to reload the drivers for it.

Actually...it is very common with a system restore...due to patches and SPs creating .dll version confilicts.

I have fixed problems with 98\ME\NT\ 2000...havent had the pleasure of XP yet by reinstalling (rebuilding) the TCP\IP stack.

basiclly..remove the TCP protocol and bindings from the device you use to connect to the internet reboot and then add tcpip back again.

GG

The Iceman Cometh
    Gypsygeek has the right idea. Additionally, one common (related) problem is that many sites (including Windows Update and Office Update) may not allow you to install patches. That problem arises if you use system restore to go back to a point prior to installing particular patches. The only way to fix that is to repair Windows XP through the Windows Setup.

AJ

My good friend who tutorial, better than in the home of nmap, I have not yet read completely.
    I have a lab at the university and the practice is to send information by nmapfe, send a virus and knock down the network or turn off the computer.
    As you see ??????

AOs Resident Troll
    I think the problem has probably been resolved in these last 5 years,

That Gypsygeek is my original profile...forgot my password

MLF
    Last edited by morganlefay; November 21st, 2008 at 03:10 PM.
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

My good friend who tutorial, better than in the home of nmap, I have not yet read completely.
    I have a lab at the university and the practice is to send information by nmapfe, send a virus and knock down the network or turn off the computer.
    As you see ??????
    Hello, fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot... Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadelphia, so do.

[Charlie's Campaign speech from Always Sunny...]
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Question

Ok i'm calling a thread lock.

this thread is waaay outdated. dimates in the future if the thread date, or last post in a thread is more then a year old then maybe just start a clean thread and post your question in that.