Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AXxess

AXxess

Okay, I got a hard drive from surplus and I was going to format it and install slackware, but when I was booting up the com to see if the drive actually worked, it began loading something. First it went through the bios and booted into DOS. Then A program immediatly came up called AXxess. It prompted me for a password while at the bottom it tried to scan for 7 differant network connections (they all failed becuase the com isn't connected to the network).

Anyways, the point of my post: Does anyone know what this is? Here is some information taken from the splash screen:

AXxess 99-120

99120-9166040

GYYR, Inc.

I googled for a while and found a company called GYYR that specializes in ID software/hardware; things like card scanners, face recognition, actual building security. But I am not sure if these two are the same.

I will eventually plug the drive into my system and scan it to see if I can find any password logs so I can actually enter the system (right now I can't get past the password prompt). Any help or advice will be welcomed.

BTW inclosed is a screen shot of the interface:

Well, looks like that company was bought out and changed its name.

http://www.maxxesssystems.com/news/maxxess.html

I couldn't find much info about the product you are seeing... but here is their new version.

http://www.maxxesssystems.com/axxess202_xp_lt.html

I'll continue to look a bit more about it.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Lansing: looks like it was an HD from a phone system

I found this

from this google search

Hope that helps
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Tiger Shark:

Good find, though I'm not quite sure they are the same thing...

If you'll notice that the link you provided refers to Axxess where the other product is AXxess...

Just a slight difference in the way its spelled, etc.

The Inter-Tel AXXESS is your gateway to this new world of communications, a world where computer and telephone technology merge to provide integrated communications solutions.
    Source.

and from my link:

Concurrent with the company's name change, MAXxess will introduce a number of enhancements to its AXxess 202 product line during the ASIS trade show Oct. 1-4 in Booth 964. These innovations include data encryption using 128-bit technology for unparalleled levels of protection.

Additionally, a new graphical user interface provides interactive floor plans for additional manual and visual door/alarm control, new integration schemes to other manufacturers' access control hardware, and PLC controllers. Commenting on the product enhancements, Appleby stated: "High performance access control systems today must utilize available network architectures for their communications.

"Users are demanding more security for the data being communicated over their networks. The vulnerability of unencrypted data has been the Achilles heel of access control systems -- until now. With 128-bit encryption, MAXxess is taking access control systems to a new, and higher, level of security required for today's applications."

The AXxess 202 product line offers complete access control, personnel and security management. It functions under Microsoft Windows platforms.
    Source:

You might also notice that the logos are completely different.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Phish: I was interrupted but I had previously visited this site which I was led to by the "ADTRAN Lib proc 4" in the jpg lansing put up.

Now bearing in mind this is a very old interface he pictures there and the web page is very up to date it is heavily into telecommunications. That's why I said phone system. As it is you might be right - either way he isn't going to be viewing his pr0n on the drive as it stands currently......
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Tiger Shark: Gotcha. I wonder which one it is then...

I was searching for the company name (GYYR, Inc.) in which they changed names to Maxxess... but have a product called AXxess...

Now bearing in mind this is a very old interface he pictures there
    Since the screenshot has GYRR, Inc. in it...

Gyyr Announces Name Change to MAXxess;
    New Product Enhancements Address the Requirements of Higher Level Security

ANAHEIM, Calif., Sep 18, 2001 (BUSINESS WIRE) – Gyyr Inc., a subsidiary of Odetics Inc. (Nasdaq:ODETA)(Nasdaq:ODETB), has changed its corporate name to MAXxess™.
    Very strange... hmm.

Lessee, you are in Huntsville. Got a hard drive from "surplus." Who's surplus??? Normally, a killdisk or similar operation would be done on drives that have been surplused. We do, and we aren't even a high security operation.

We can hope it was just a hard drive from a PBX server, not something from one of the high security operations down there.

'course, you could put it on as slave on another machine and take a peek.

I got to side with phish on this one. The attached shows a PC hook up to control CCTV's. I think that's was this system is for.

Cheers:
    DjM

The college stores all the old shiz in surplus. I am in tight with the guys that work there and I have approval from the enginneeing department to make use of whatever I can move. It was in a stack, I grabbed.

Regardless of what it is, it isn't being used anymore and all the equipment that was being used with it is gone. And plus, the highest security that this drive would have been used in is the enginnering building (not NASA related).

As for the putting the drive up as slave, that is what I think I will do when I have some free time (a.k.a tommorrow!)

Thanks Phish and DJM. I think that is what this software is for. I will look at it tommorrow and hopefully shed a little more light on the situation.
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

Ok, I never said I was perfect..... just damn nearly so.....

As I said before I was interrupted as I have been seveal times since this thread started so It was a little difficult to pay total attention......

I yield to the superior investigatory powers of the big Phish.....