Thread: Microsoft to turn off messenger and turn on firewall

Microsoft to turn off messenger and turn on firewall

I can see this turning into another one of M$'s "look what we have included by default for you - no need to shop elsewhere" type things, like with IE and Outlook Express.

I guess it's a step in the right direction though, but some of it is stuff they should have done a long time ago (I guess they mean net send by "create a pop-up window containing messages", which has been known about for quite a while).
    \"Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.\"
    A. Sachs

I guess I'm just old and cynical, but it takes some nerve to make something new out of getting the default setup of Windows right.

But maybe I could learn something from this ...

Custom User
    Did anyone read the messages at the bottom of the article? Why are some of those people such dumbasses? More than once the difference between windows messenger and msn were pointed out, but did they listen? At least two of the people started to moan about having to pay for msn messenger. It seems they hadn't read the article...sigh!

gothic_type

Just Another Geek
    Originally posted here by gothic_type
    Did anyone read the messages at the bottom of the article? Why are some of those people such dumbasses? More than once the difference between windows messenger and msn were pointed out, but did they listen? At least two of the people started to moan about having to pay for msn messenger. It seems they hadn't read the article...sigh!
    I'll put the blame at MS for this. It's not the first time they've used the same name or abreviation for completely different things. Ever tried to explain to an un*x guru that an NT domain is *not* the same as an DNS domain? Or that other cruft they've created, DNS (Digital Nervous System) which has nothing to do with Domain Name Service.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

But really it is infact about time that they pulled there fingers out, and did this...

<Quote>
    I can see this turning into another one of M$'s "look what we have included by default for you - no need to shop elsewhere" type things, like with IE and Outlook Express.

I agree with that, if they arn't trying to proove one thing there stuffing up something else..
    I think that they need to totally rethink and reprogram half there stuff, as there are just to many loop holes so to speak in most of there programs..
    And yet how could something with so many security risk be trusted by millions of people and company's i ask....???

And yet they control the Monopoly in the Os world.. Huh how could that be, if all they are doing is just pushing out programs and selling them without properly testing them for weaknesses..????
    It's as though they don't really care, as long as they were the First to release that software or program..
    Anyhow in the end Microsoft carn't be trusted, and i will for a fact never trust them.
    Not until they at least start to pull there act together..

That is just my $2.00's worth...

kris