Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: catogery of virus

Banned
    What the hell are you talking about? Just the fact that they can mail themselves then trick dumb idiots into downloading them or the fact that they can drop mirc and pirch scripts then interact with users VIA: IRC and trick them into downloading could possably be considered some small form of "AI" simply because of the interaction between worms & users.

Just Another Geek
    Originally posted here by MsMittens
    And pretty much you can't prevent worm propogation without having appropriate A/V or other methods of removing the worm. To this day, I still receive Code Red worm activity nofication on my IDS.
    Not entirely true. You can easily prevent infection by a worm or virus if you can take away its infection vector.

For example if you remove the .ida script mapping in IIS you remove the infection vector for Code Red thereby preventing infection (of Code Red) without the need for patching and/or AV.

But you would really need to know what you are doing!
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

What the hell are you talking about? Just the fact that they can mail themselves then trick dumb idiots into downloading them or the fact that they can drop mirc and pirch scripts then interact with users VIA: IRC and trick them into downloading could possably be considered some small form of "AI" simply because of the interaction between worms & users.
    I mean actual AI. It thinks or rather replicates "thinking". Not only self updating, but self aware. It realizes what it is which makes it better able to do what it's supposed to (not that it's a good thing). It'd be pretty wierd/scary to have a self aware virus.

-Sam-

Just Another Geek
    I replicate therefor I am
    Oliver's Law:

Where I can find some e-books about ASM with examples. I want to take some look at this.
    If you want to lead the people you must follow them.

www.homomultimedia.com

ASM calls depend on the OS and I think motherboard/processor. Google for ASM tutorials. Although most of the calls are processor independant some are, or some calls are handled differently I think.

-Sam-

Code:
    mv b, 5
    mv a, 5
    cp a, b
    jp nno

Just Another Geek
    Originally posted here by PM8228
    ASM calls depend on the OS and I think motherboard/processor. Google for ASM tutorials. Although most of the calls are processor independant some are, or some calls are handled differently I think.
    Assembly is processor architecture dependant (i386/680x0/PPC). If you want to use systemcalls for printing to a screen i.e. these are OS dependant (Mac OS/Windows/Linux/*BSD).
    Oliver's Law:

Thanks for clearing that up SirDice.

-Sam-

Thumbs up Re: catogery of virus

Originally posted here by Penguin
    Macro and Worm
    what is the difference and which is the most dangerous?

hi well the main difference is that a worm can spread itself on the computers on the network and a micro virus sannot .a macro virus just is a set od instruction which are exexcuted when a certain condition arises .a worm can by itself find the security holes exploits them and find its way to another computers