Thread: Demarc Security has big changes.

Thumbs up Demarc Security has big changes.

I know Ive talked to quite a few of you here that use Demarc's PureSecure like I do, and it has been my favorite IDS .

Anyways I just went to the site today and it looks like there making big changes and big improvements.
    I guess they are following the Gartner IDS Report and have moved the IDS to a complete IDS/IPS system called Sentarus.They also aquired Silicon Defense but that probably help with there new product Sentarus, actually I thnk Silicon Defense used to market Sentarus. The whole site has been redone too( demarc.com ).

I guess this is a hardware solution though so those of us that had been using PureSecure 1.6 Personal will not be able to actually get Sentarus. But they do have quite a few screens shot and some online demo movies and I have to say from what I can tell its looking pretty damn good.

Id still like to be able to 'testdrive' it myself though. If anyone here has used it(hmm it might have just been released though) please let me know what you think, its not like I have the cash to buy a hardware solution but Im still interested.
    That which does not kill me makes me stronger -- Friedrich Nietzche

Hmm seems like no one care ..LOL

Ok how bout has anyone ever used Sentarus before. I went to silicondefense and sure enough Sentarus used to be there product line but I cant find out much more. Has anyone used the old sentarus or know where I can get some screens shots of the old Sentarus?

just a FYI-- I know personally, it's not that I don't care...I'm just stuck using ISS and I don't have the option to switch ( That being the case I spend too much time trying to keep our IDS running stable to look into other systems

Good luck with your query =D

Ive never seen ISS. I just remember a few years back seeing Sentarus and it seemed like the technology they were using modified snort and spade was very good but they had the ugliest management console with like pink and puke green colors.

I was impressed with what I could see demarc has done to it. Im using the 1.6 and the management console and it seems like they adopted that into Sentraus. The coloring scheme seems to be a big improvement too.
    I realy not that bent on colors its just nice when you have a management console thats appealing and intuitive.